Leaving IRC Channel

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

coldReactive

Leaving IRC Channel

Post by coldReactive »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm leaving IRC, as I've forgotten my password for like the fifth time. They require you to send an email to support rather than having a password reset script on-site. I wondered why I always hated IRC, and now I remember why. (But the REAL reason is because I always got kicked jokingly by ops whenever I started conversations in IRC, way back when.)

Yeah, goodbye IRC.

hto
Developer

Post by hto »

I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm leaving IRC, as I've forgotten my password for like the fifth time. They require you to send an email to support rather than having a password reset script on-site. I wondered why I always hated IRC, and now I remember why.
I've never used any passwords there. The registration is optional.
(But the REAL reason is because I always got kicked jokingly by ops whenever I started conversations in IRC, way back when.)
Old discussion: http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3836

Haos
Test Team

Re: Leaving IRC Channel

Post by Haos »

How did you managed not to loose your forum password?

Anyway, easiest thing under the sun. Just use mIrc and setup Perfom section, you can automate all nick identify and channel joining there.

coldReactive

Re: Leaving IRC Channel

Post by coldReactive »

My forum password is an old password I've used for quite sometime. I've recently started a new trend of passwords, so I'm a little rusty on new accounts such as IRC and my new gmail address, etc.

I remember 10+ passwords, none of them were my IRC password. So yeah. If I come back, it'll probably be as coldReactive 421 or 42___