Netbooks, Netbooks, Netbooks...

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

The123king

Re: Netbooks, Netbooks, Netbooks...

Post by The123king »

you still won't be able to install it if you use USB

tomleem

Post by tomleem »

I will give it a try any way just to see if it does work. :geek: I will be using an USB cd drive to try to install it on my Asus EEE 701a pc.

I had tried ROS 0.3.10 on my Thinkpad T23 but it did not do so well. I think the T23 is wearing out. It is a few years old. :geek:

I was able to download it on two different computers; one running Vista and one running Freespire. I will use the Vista one to burn it to a compact disc. :ugeek:
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy

tomleem

Post by tomleem »

I think the trouble I had downloading ROS 0.3.11 was with the advertising that was on the download page. Since I was trying to download it at work, IE was not the most current one and/or the network administrator could have settings that prevented it. :ugeek: I will still try it not only on my netbook but also my T23 Thinkpad. :geek:
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy

swight

Post by swight »

Tried to install reactos svn versions 44758 and 44561 on my acer aspire one 150. With the live cd the installation froze on a freeloader screen with the words "Loading NT" over a progress bar which did not seem to be moving. With the boot cd it froze during the beginning of the setup when there was a blue screen with the "Setup for SVN 4.0" text on the top left and the word "Loading" in the bottom left. I was attempting this install using a usb dvd-rw drive.

tomleem

Post by tomleem »

I will be using an USB cd drive. I have been told that USB cd/dvd drives are not yet supported. It could be why you are unable to install ROS on your Acer Aspire One. I have one too. Once it can be installed using an USB cd/dvd drive, I will try it on my Aspire Acer One. I will try the most current one on my Asus EEE pc. :geek:
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy

tomleem

Post by tomleem »

I tried installing ReactOS 0.3.11. It started out ok but the screen went blank and it stopped. I was told that it would not install but I wanted to try anyway. :ugeek: I will try again with the next release of ROS. :ugeek:
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy