Element Software partnership?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

patternjake

Re: Element Software partnership?

Post by patternjake »

Haos : Please read my earlier statement.
The GNOME was an experiment. We were experimenting with a linux WINE build to see how we could get several UI demonstrations to work on wine without hitches. We decided (in kindness, since we thought it would help) to move BACK to ReactOS and build against its version of the modified WINE userland. We updated the site with screenshots of ElementOS in its working form on ReactOS. Believe them or not, they were real. (The credibilty will be backed up since the shell will be released soon)
The screenshots of the ui parts were on a experimental ubuntu distrubution. That we was doing alongside the ReactOS base to compare how well things worked in the official wine when compared to ReactOS. It was a much better idea to move back to ReactOS since it was literally a windows envoirement to begin with.

I am certainly not offended, I made some promises about releasing ElementOS and I broke them; I sincerely apoligize to members of ReactOS who wanted to try ElementOS out. I empathize with the ReactOS community on how things look right now.

I take offence when I am sworn at or have unneeded comments made at by users such as Ged.

Our best way of making up for this is releasing Element Desktop, which hopefully will provide ReactOS users the same enjoyable experience that can be found on Windows operating systems.

In my spare time (that is , when I get time.) I will try to contribute further to the ReactOS and submit much better patches than the ones I have already done.

Sorry guys.
ironek69

Post by ironek69 »

I think, at the time, when you will contribute patches, nobody will matter about Elementos. Looking forward and wishing you good luck
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

PetruDimitriu wrote:I'm really disappointed of you all. But if that's what you want, that's what you get.
I know you may have other opinion than some of us, but please be tolerant too and leave us our opinions on things we have never seen. I wish there were more people like Ged, Alex or KJK, who may seem "arrogant" or something, but they can produce very good results.
(EDIT:)Respect here doesn't grow from promises, but rather from volume of good code.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Lets just close/abandon this thread and move on.
panda84

Post by panda84 »

In my spare time (that is , when I get time.) I will try to contribute further to the ReactOS and submit much better patches than the ones I have already done.
I think nobody will get offended if you post "not better patches" just now. The worst thing that can happen is that they get ignored, which is by far better than having nothing public at all. Why don't you post some patches right now? It will prove ElementOS existence and won't hurt you in any way.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

Simply because there are no patches from ES, out there.
panda84

Post by panda84 »

Simply because there are no patches from ES, out there.
This is my first post on this thread:
http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 150#p63845
So I have the same opinion as you.

I just like asking questions that have no answer at all. ;)
cruonit

Post by cruonit »

Ged
Developer

Post by Ged »

It's a nice message though