mimicking W ... with full Echelon integration?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

molecule

mimicking W ... with full Echelon integration?

Post by molecule » Thu Jan 15, 2009 7:42 pm

I was wondering if ReactOS community could suggest we step away from a culture of "mimicking Windows" not only as to bloat and unwanted bubbles, but also as to hard-core and efficient Echelon-friendly features of W...

It's no longer a conspiracy "theory" ... W is a monopoly in-fact, that early on was given U.S. Government-Pentagon (Trotskyite) protection. W was given this monopoly, as a front end for Echelon piracy and spying.

1. will ReactOS developers and community want to mimick upteen copies of files with names like "index.dat" (WTF?) ... will the mimickers require that ReactOS mimick even so much as one of them? They are of no real use to the person who OWNS the system? If index.dat files are of no use to anyone but the OWNER, then why does build them, protect them and immediately restore them? (a danger of NT journaling ...)

2. will ReactOS developers and community want to mimick unwanted, permanent and arguably economically useless (to the OWNER that is) search indexes of our hdds, using secret protocols, that Windows at first secretly and involuntarily installed (until it was discovered)? Will ReactOS mimick a theory that users need to shave a few milliseconds or so in time, off their otherwise frantic-pantic lives. A few milliseconds (as a "promise" only) for an occasional file search, that can be better done with a program of the OWNER'S choice, in exchange for building another Echelon-friendly index.dat file of our hdds. IMHO, only an Echelon operative would argue that developers should divert coding time so that ReactOS could integrate a ... permanent, Echelon-friendly, otherwise useless, index of our hdds. Owner-Users can by now choose from several "Explorers" that have their own internal search engines. It's not enough to say, ReactOS will mimick W without the bloat and bubblegum.

ReachOS should mimick W, without the Echelon index.dat files as well.

3. mimick the policy of making blind and hidden copies of the email address books of our daughters, storing them in an index.dat type file, to which Microsoft assigned the one-character name of "~" (CYFBI -- can you effing believe it?)

ReactOS community needs to formally state that we won't mimick the Pentagon Echelon-ready features of W... as well.

It's Pentagon-Trotskyite "Global Total Awareness" versus "Total Private Ownership" of our hdds and systems by We the People ... I hope ReactOS is fully on the side of the later.

Heis Spiter

Re: mimicking W ... with full Echelon integration?

Post by Heis Spiter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:54 pm

Welcome on the Earth...
Pierre Schweitzer (aka Heis Spiter)
ReactOS kernel developer.
ReactOS systems administrator.

hto
Developer

Post by hto » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:02 pm

That's interesting to hear that U.S. Government & Pentagon are Trotskyite.

Good job, comrade Trotsky. :)

Stefan100
Developer

Post by Stefan100 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:35 pm

What the FUCK?

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:39 pm

2nded. WTF???!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

Stefan100
Developer

Post by Stefan100 » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:42 pm

WTF? Why is this guy getting any attention?

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:00 pm

Hy,

why ? he's right, Windows have spy-routines it was inside sice Win95'
Call at home it's one of it.. and it was in W95 with IE6 or was it 4 ?
the new modern Shell-mangement in 95/98.. so if i right think.. imho..
What do you are think about the Blue-Screen Routines..
and what was at backround ? You are can now programming..
I have offen hear about it... i think, with Reactos it's a question of
Open Source, Community and a Honor System.. and ,why we mus think
about spy software, in Reactos is it not .. also, dont think about it..
let work furter in Reactos and let dont think about it..
let make and support a honor system..

Reactos, Spy.. not realy need in my eyes, there for it is reactos to open..
Open Source and i think, Fireball whant a Honor System to..

molecule, why do you so open wrote about that ? This is history with reactos ...
Reactos it is Open Sourced and all can see what it is programming.
Also, let so an discussion.. Or programming against Echolon and help to make a better code ..

Best Regards
Blacky

Heis Spiter

Post by Heis Spiter » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Blackcrack wrote:why ? he's right, Windows have spy-routines it was inside sice Win95'
Call at home it's one of it.. and it was in W95 with IE6 or was it 4 ?
the new modern Shell-mangement in 95/98.. so if i right think.. imho..
What do you are think about the Blue-Screen Routines..
and what was at backround ?
Prove what you say and we'll be able to discuss.

For the rest, there's no point in such topic.
Pierre Schweitzer (aka Heis Spiter)
ReactOS kernel developer.
ReactOS systems administrator.

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo » Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:43 pm

Yup.

EDIT: Due to popular demand this was edited to a simple warning to behave properly.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

GoBusto

Post by GoBusto » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:33 am

My first thought on seeing this thread: "ITT: Tin-foil hats"

If I understand correctly, the fear is that ReactOS will spy on you and do stuff without you knowing about it. Seeing as every inch of the source code is available for public scrutiny, however, I fail to see how this could possibly happen. There's nothing stopping you from compiling the whole of ReactOS yourself, after looking through every single line of source code. For the truly paranoid, it is also possible to go and get the GCC source code too, in case THEY are waiting for you inside the code compiler itself.

hto
Developer

Post by hto » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:01 am

Stefan100 wrote: What the FUCK?
I would like to say, you're holding the rank of Developer — could you please be a bit more polite?

hto
Developer

Post by hto » Fri Jan 16, 2009 2:15 am

GoBusto wrote: For the truly paranoid, it is also possible to go and get the GCC source code too, in case THEY are waiting for you inside the code compiler itself.
There is a good article about it: Reflections on Trusting Trust. "You can't trust code that you did not totally create yourself."

But even if you wrote all software yourself, THEY can still wait for you inside hardware. So unless you can build hardware yourself, the situation is pretty hopeless…

GoBusto

Post by GoBusto » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:20 am

hto wrote:But even if you wrote all software yourself, THEY can still wait for you inside hardware. So unless you can build hardware yourself, the situation is pretty hopeless…
GoBusto wrote:ITT: Tin-foil hats

Blackcrack

Post by Blackcrack » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:26 am

Hy Heis Spiter ,

i had say, i think and hear offen about it, my self is not an programmer ;)
oky ,i had say "he's right", but it's not right what had tell Hto, isnt it ?
hto wrote: There is a good article about it: Reflections on Trusting Trust. "You can't trust code that you did not totally create yourself."
it's need not only hot word's here, like "WTF" or "Wecome on Earth" ,
no it is a must be to speak about it ! To clear some informations and
get more trust and secure to know to be Reactos all right..

There for mus be a realy open , correckt and "try to understand" discuss at all to clear misunderstandings about ReactOS.
Otherwise the whole can begin as with Microsoft and we want to have everything open so that no misunderstandings
about false security. There for must be not only open Source, it mus be open Words and explanations why it
can not be that reactos spyware or spy-soft supported. Heis Spiter, i take you Nose :mrgreen: Take you first answering posting and think about.. why did you it does not explain why it can not be .. :wink:
I know, I'm cheeky, but suggests to think of it, i hope it :mrgreen:

Once, to have trust, it be need open words !
We must take this/some Topics seriously and beginning to such misunderstandings to clear the road.
The road of success continues on the path. These be manny little stones to have take away of the path...

best Regards
Blacky

edit:
Lone_Rifle wrote:Somebody just lock this topic already. The people know too much. The truth must be silenced, here and now!
*roflmao* :mrgreen: *roflmao*
Last edited by Blackcrack on Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lone_Rifle
Test Team

Post by Lone_Rifle » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:58 am

Somebody just lock this topic already. The people know too much. The truth must be silenced, here and now!