100% MS&Linux compatable OS?!?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

manatails007

100% MS&Linux compatable OS?!?

Post by manatails007 »

Original Link & video (Korean)http://news.chosun.com/site/data/html_d ... 01457.html

A Korean company called TMaxSoft says they made an OS which is fully 100% compatible with MS-Windows and Linux, it fully supports win32api and POSIX api. they already made TmaxOS for embedded systems and Server systems(including PC). It will be released at March 2009. and they already made Tmax office.

and it will be closed source and price will be more cheaper than Windows.

If it is really 100% compatible, how will it affect ReactOS?

For more info, reply or ask me at irc
GoBusto

Re: 100% MS&Linux compatable OS?!?

Post by GoBusto »

manatails007 wrote:and it will be closed source
Since the goal of ReactOS is to create an Open Source version of Windows, I don't think it'll have too much effect on development.
oiaohm

Post by oiaohm »

More I read of that its another Xen.

Has a virtual machine inside to deal with anything core cannot run. This is the same as the upcoming Linux kernel.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

If its kernel is linux, it can be a ripoff from WINE, rather than us. If there`s NT kernel as well, we may need to check them against potential license violation.
SpoonmAn

Post by SpoonmAn »

as i read it tmax window seems to be a windows compatible os wich can be made compatible to linux apps with slightly modification. and they state that they do not use any open source software... whould really be interesting if they realy did not use any ros/wine code.
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.os. ... 5aae4a7369
kevintrooper

Post by kevintrooper »

If the dude had such an achievement, he should buy a pack of english and learn it.