Read before vote, thanx

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Which browser do u like the best?

IE5-7
9
20%
Opera
6
14%
Mozilla
1
2%
Seamonkey
6
14%
Firefox
21
48%
PSP Browser lol
0
No votes
Other (if so plz post it)
1
2%
 
Total votes: 44

kevintrooper
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:44 am
Location: behind you.
Contact:

Post by kevintrooper »

How can i edit the poll?

Harteex
Posts: 224
Joined: Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:21 pm
Location: Sweden
Contact:

Post by Harteex »

kevintrooper wrote:
thank you,

I was trying to prove to my friends that ie is not the most used!
No problems, but if you take the sum of IE6 and IE7, IE will be number first on that list...

Reacter
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Tornado Alley

Post by Reacter »

If I am correct, just edit the original post, and in the "Poll" dialogue, enter new options. This might be disabled, I am not sure, never set up a poll, according to my memory. Of course, then again, my brain's memory section continues to give me: Stop: 0x0000000: NOT_ENOUGH_MEMORY :D.
More ReactOS, please!

kevintrooper
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:44 am
Location: behind you.
Contact:

Post by kevintrooper »

everyone says that works but it doesnt!

Reacter
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Tornado Alley

Post by Reacter »

Something's up with your account....
More ReactOS, please!

tomleem
Posts: 631
Joined: Mon Mar 28, 2005 6:59 pm
Location: New Hampshire of United States of America
Contact:

Use since it comes with Windows?

Post by tomleem »

How wonder how many use IE since it comes with Windows? If they had a choice, would they still chose IE? :?:
mf wrote:
kevintrooper wrote:thank you,

I was trying to prove to my friends that ie is not the most used!
It'll be hard proving that, because globally, IE is still the most used.
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
* * * * * * * * * * * * *
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
* * * * * * * * * * * * *

walter
Posts: 244
Joined: Wed Sep 13, 2006 1:34 pm
Location: north italy

Re: Use since it comes with Windows?

Post by walter »

tomleem wrote:How wonder how many use IE since it comes with Windows? If they had a choice, would they still chose IE? :?:
mf wrote:
kevintrooper wrote:thank you,

I was trying to prove to my friends that ie is not the most used!
It'll be hard proving that, because globally, IE is still the most used.
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp
in short: maybe :wink:

there are still a lot of people thinking internet explorer = microsoft = ok.

edit: i don't want to say ms = only evil

but in the good old times of Windows 3.11 quite everybody used netscape3 :D ... there were still some win 3.11 users in late 1997... and someone (extremely rare) still uses it now (mainly with calmira)

Reacter
Posts: 326
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:57 pm
Location: Tornado Alley

Post by Reacter »

*comes up from bucket* No calmira on My Windows 3.1! It uses Netscape 3, though. *drops back to bucket* No like calmira....
More ReactOS, please!

kevintrooper
Posts: 549
Joined: Thu May 03, 2007 6:44 am
Location: behind you.
Contact:

Post by kevintrooper »

hey guess wat i think firefox is the best choice! and opera is impossible cuz u need to pay smarty

brandon
Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2007 6:36 am

Post by brandon »

Actually, Opera has been free since version 8.5.

artguy10
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:20 am

Post by artguy10 »

Internet Explorer is most used, but that is simply because it comes pre-installed on Windows and people don't think twice. Notice how among forum posters, most people like Firefox. I like Firefox the best (safe, secure, no ads, fast, expandable). Other Mozilla projects I don't really count (they are similar). Safari is good, faster than Internet Explorer, which is also okay, except for the security and speed.

BTW: Stats from a non-computer-related blog that gets ~500 hits a day:

IE7: 38%, IE6: 28% (total IE: 66%)
FF2: 23% (high considering Windows comes with IE and not FF), FF1 + Mozilla +Netscape: 3% (total 26%)
Safari 1 and 2 both get 4% (total Safari: 8%)

Opera and the others aren't even on the list.


On an OS note:

WinXP is 79%
Win 2000: 4% (because it's pretty stable)
Vista 2% (because it stinks)
Win Server 2003 and Win 98 both have 1%
Total Windows: 87% (because it is common culture to get Windows)

Mac OS X is next with 12% (for the people who don't want to stick with the crashing, slow Windows yet don't want to work out with Linux; also the best OS on earth)

Finally, Linux has 1%: (the people who don't want to pay for an OS and like the stability, yet are able and willing to use Linux)

You like my classifications? :wink:

artguy10
Posts: 240
Joined: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:20 am

Post by artguy10 »

kevintrooper wrote:everyone says that works but it doesnt!
You can only edit the poll for a short amount of time after you first create it. Something like a half hour, I think.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests