delete me please

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

andrewweb

delete me please

Post by andrewweb »

Forget about me, and delete me.

Last edited by andrewweb on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Phobos

Post by Phobos »

why don't you make one single thread instead of posting everywhere about delphi?..... you could have put your media player here too -___-

andrewweb

Post by andrewweb »

Phobos wrote:why don't you make one single thread instead of posting everywhere about delphi?..... you could have put your media player here too -___-
Sorry about that. (it's just I'm not certain that people will look here!)

InFeRnODeMoN

Post by InFeRnODeMoN »

Is Delphi a C (or in rare cases, C++) variety? Else no, thanks, ReactOS will not even bother using your code.
P.S. I _know_ what's Delphi...

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

andrewweb: Sorry but the only Languages which are allowed in ReactOS are C, C++ and ASM. In rare circumstances even Batch or Shell Script (RosBE Front :-P ) But not Delphi...

InFeRnODeMoN

Post by InFeRnODeMoN »

EmuandCo wrote:In rare circumstances even Batch or Shell Script (RosBE Front :-P )
AFAIK one could use system() to execute stuff, so Batch files are no-thanks.
And for scripts we don't have cscript.exe.

kokodin

Post by kokodin »

hehe delpfi is better version of pascal i dont think that pascal and c are dont likes each others but if we want to keep cleen code as less compilators we use as better for reactos

secound task is that delphi as obiect pascal use as obiects windows api whose in reactos is in development stage and your programs can be unable to work on reactos if some api steel missing

and about delphi as a delphi you need special licences for delphi to makes public programs in your home you can use personal version but programs for sale or share should have developer licences

vins

Post by vins »

kokodin wrote:...you need special licences for delphi to makes public programs in your home you can use personal version but programs for sale or share should have developer licences
Turbo Delphi, Turbo C#, Turbo C++ and Tubro Delphi for .NET; They have a free version even for commercial use.
http://www.turboexplorer.com/

Or FreePascal and Lazarus as an OSS, crossplatform alternative to Delphi.
secound task is that delphi as obiect pascal use as obiects windows api whose in reactos is in development stage and your programs can be unable to work on reactos if some api steel missing
Most Delphi programs runs almost fine in ReactOS. Well I haven't tested big project using database connections etc.

EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

InFeRnODeMoN: What are you talking about?!?!??

Phobos

Post by Phobos »

vins wrote:Most Delphi programs runs almost fine in ReactOS. Well I haven't tested big project using database connections etc.
there's no reason why they shouldn't work, that's not the problem.... the problem is about the language you use to code them, and delphi is not one that can be added to ROS

vins

Post by vins »

Phobos wrote:there's no reason why they shouldn't work, that's not the problem.... the problem is about the language you use to code them, and delphi is not one that can be added to ROS
I know. I don't want to write Delphi programs for ROS. Just wanted to point that there is no reasons that they won't run and they do run. Beside that not all C++ applictions runs too. It's not the language that we should use as a factor to say "It may run because it's written in xxx" , "It may not ..."

Reacter

Post by Reacter »

I have already built several ReactOS batch scripts that do some nice automatic things that improve ROS performance, so, yes, batches are useful, just no one realizes they can be used. Plus, they are small.
More ReactOS, please!

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Reacter wrote:I have already built several ReactOS batch scripts that do some nice automatic things that improve ROS performance, so, yes, batches are useful, just no one realizes they can be used. Plus, they are small.
Umm, improve performance, how specifically?

Reacter

Post by Reacter »

Not in a way that would be liked, don't ask how. (Not illegal, but extremely unstable quick recoding on my part.)
More ReactOS, please!