command and conquer 3

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

MadWolf

command and conquer 3

Post by MadWolf »

hi all

has anyone played command and conquer 3 ??
EA has mest up the storey they forgot what happened in firestorm

mikedep333

Re: command and conquer 3

Post by mikedep333 »

MadWolf wrote: EA has mest up the story they forgot what happened in firestorm
Finally, somebody else recognizes this. Earth was supposed to be on the brink of toxicity to all human life, and full of tiberium-based lifeforms. CABAL was supposed to be one with Kane. etc.

Anyway, I find the single-player campaign very fun, but I think they messed up the skirmishes and multiplayer compared to c&c generals. You are overwhelmed with money from one tiberium field alone. As the game goes on, the tiberium fields are exhausted and any possible tiberium spikes get destroyed. The end result is that you become less productive as the game goes on. This is different from generals, where you could make yourself alot more productive by building hackers/black markets/supply drops.

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

It's EA. They seem to think they have the right to rewrite canon regardless of previous precedents. I'm tempted to start another project to write a proper C&C continuity. My C&C works on ff.net seem to be rather well liked, all things considered.

Though at the moment, I'm more pissed off at their copy controls screwing up the game after I install the patches.

MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi
. I'm tempted to start another project to write a proper C&C continuity
i hope you do that but there is a small problem there is no map editor yet EA have not releast it yet dumb shits if it is going to be a mod and EA copyright BS
Though at the moment, I'm more pissed off at their copy controls screwing up the game after I install the patches.

??

Z98
Release Engineer

Post by Z98 »

Heh. I'm a writer, not a modder. If you go to fanfiction.net, you'll see that I can be rather prolific if I'm properly motivated. And my C&C fic seems to be the most popular serious fic, as well as having the most reviews. So by a new continuity, I'd be writing it, not creating a mod. Do not have the skills for that.

Apparently C&C3's copy control system doesn't like Process Explorer. If I want to play the game, I have to make sure PE doesn't start up when I boot, or shut it down and reboot if it was running. Stupid, yes, but I doubt it's high on EA's priority list to fix.

Bond007s

C&C3 Crash

Post by Bond007s »

I have a problem with that game. The demo worked on a work laptop I have until I rebuild my personal Desktop. It also worked on my wife's personal laptop well. She love C&C, however the game appears to run but a little while into the game it just crashes. It does not give any errors or anything. My wife has the HP dv6000 series laptop and I have the nx7400 series laptop. Mine is Dula Core while her's is just a single upgraded with 2 gigs of ram (I got them for a great price), however the same crash is apparent on each laptop. My assumption is that it is the video card, but I wish it gave an error or something. I really am not a fan of the new way C&C has turned. I just got it figuring this will be the last C&C I will ever buy. Now I have a game that won't work on any of our machines. My current secondary Desktop (which I am using as my desktop until rebuilding) only has an Athlon 1200 CPU, 512MB Ram, 256 MB Graphics Card, 150 GB Hard Drive. It does not support the needed CPU features to play the game. I am unsure what it said exactly because I am at work. I really hate how EA has killed the C&C series and made it just another RTS Game...that has all these graphic problems....

mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

Generals was one of the buggiest games I ever encountered. That really pissed me off. It could be a bug in the game for you, but here's what I suggest that will probably get it working:

Update the game (to version 1.03 or whatever)
Update your graphics drivers. If it is intel, grab it from intel's site. If you have ATI/AMD graphics, grab the official driver from their site, and use the mobility mod tool. If you have nVidia, grab the latest official nvidia driver is on their website, and use the modified INF from laptopvideo2go.com
Update your sound drives. Just grab them from your laptop manufacturers.
Update your motherboard/chipset drivers. Just grab them from your laptop manufacturers.

Bond007s

I found someone else that was having the same issue...FIXED

Post by Bond007s »

Okay the issue is present with the 945GM and a few other Intel graphics drivers. My wifes laptop had the same issue. I found that you needed to go to the settings and keep everything on it's lowest setting and move the shader up to medium. It makes very little sense, but it works...

mikedep333

Post by mikedep333 »

Thanks for posting the workaround. I'm sure it is useful for alot of people.

MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

hi
i know it is an old post but the map editor & the mod sdk have being released lets hope some one fixes the storey in a mod and the latest patch is 1.08