:!: Why to use ROS over Vista Whitepaper

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Does Commerical Support Really Help this Project and make it more viable in the market place?

YES!
56%
NO! It Doesn't we don't need any stinking commerical support!
No votes
I don't know lets see what happens with development first
44%

Total votes: 9

artamb

:!: Why to use ROS over Vista Whitepaper

Post by artamb » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:46 pm

Greatings and Salutations All!

I am drafting an industry white paper for my Corporation on why it is better in the long term to install, use, invest and support ROS over Vista.

I feel the best way to gather the best supportive evidence is through this ROS community.

All information given will be properly cited and reference IAW US IP Laws under 18 USC.

Guidelines:

FACTS ONLY!! Please do not submit opinions or unsupportive evidence. You ccan submit personal benchmarks, testing etc...
examples:

Good Submission:
ROS is better because it only requires 72MB of HD where Vista needs almost 4GB. Source http://www.reactos.org/wiki/index.php/I ... quirements , http://www.microsoft.com/vista

Bad Submission:
Use ROS becuase it is free and Microsoft screws over customers

Please also tell me how you want to be Cited in the references, please give enough information so any one can confirm that "YES" are the source
and the information I am citing is correct.

Thank you all for your support!

Mrkaras

Post by Mrkaras » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:41 pm

There are probably some valid points to make, but the majority of tests you could do will vastly change, the disk space required will surely swell however if you can find enough useful references then good luck to you and I hope it all goes well.

artamb

Post by artamb » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:33 pm

Mrkaras wrote:There are probably some valid points to make, but the majority of tests you could do will vastly change, the disk space required will surely swell however if you can find enough useful references then good luck to you and I hope it all goes well.
That is true with any test, right now I am just soliciting what the community has already done and is willing share. I am trying to draft this white paper with as much fact and as little rhetoric as possible. I this to a very object technical paper on why ROS is better then Vista.