Opinion: A Vista upgrade nightmare

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

tomleem

Opinion: A Vista upgrade nightmare

Post by tomleem »

http://www.tgdaily.com/2007/02/01/opini ... a_upgrade/
by Wolfgang Gruener
"By now, if you are somewhat interested in your PC, you have heard all about Vista. And considering all the goodies the software brings, you can't tell me that you aren't planning to ditch that rusty XP in favor of all those Vista features. It is a given that tech journalists really need to upgrade, if they want or not, so I have been planning this move for about half a year, but guess what: So far, I haven't been able to upgrade to Vista and won't be able to ever upgrade my current, six-week old PC to Vista. "

With all the troubles people have with installing Vista, ReactOS would give people something to look forward to when 1.0 comes out(?). :)
:idea: :?:

8)
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
cdoublejj

Post by cdoublejj »

vista is a piece of shit. oohh wow 3d desktop which is worthless and a wast of system power operating systems were not meant to be video games. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x just the thought of vista makes me angry. :x :x :x
Stead

Post by Stead »

vista calms me...
madmax69

Post by madmax69 »

Hmmm Vista, no thanks. If and when I buy another PC or laptop I may not have the choice though. Shame there's no downgrading program.

I think the proverbial will hit the fan long before ROS is ready though - a lot of work remains. That means I'm still looking at SUSE and WINE and wondering whether life is going to be long enough to figure out a whole new raft of issues.

"Joe Punter" can't afford a 3-4 year rolling corporate tax-rebate-driven hardware replacement program. I am not wealthy and my PCs have to last me a good 5-7 years.