UPoS and .net 3.5 support

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

drewgable22

UPoS and .net 3.5 support

Post by drewgable22 »

Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum but not to ReactOS I've been following the project for a long time.

I was hoping if someone could tell me if the UPoS application from Epson will be supported at some point. As well as the .net 3.5 framework.

I only ask as I need these to to install my point of sale systems on them and ReactOS is ideal for me to make into a embedded system. But at the moment the 2 drivers applications do not work.
MadWolf

Re: UPoS and .net 3.5 support

Post by MadWolf »

drewgable22 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:46 pm Hi everyone,

I am new to the forum but not to ReactOS I've been following the project for a long time.

I was hoping if someone could tell me if the UPoS application from Epson will be supported at some point. As well as the .net 3.5 framework.

I only ask as I need these to to install my point of sale systems on them and ReactOS is ideal for me to make into a embedded system. But at the moment the 2 drivers applications do not work.
the simple answer yes in time
the long answer is ReactOS is still in the alpha stage and is definitely not recommended for mission-critical systems
drewgable22

Post by drewgable22 »

That's fine I am well aware that ReactOS is still in Alpha (I'm a software developer for MS-DOS, Windows and Linux) so I understand that development can take a while especially with a operating system I'll just keep a eye out on the website and update my install as when new versions come online.

@Madwolf thanks for the replay as well.
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

drewgable22 wrote: Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:46 pm I was hoping if someone could tell me if the UPoS application from Epson will be supported at some point. As well as the .net 3.5 framework.
ReactOS development is bug-driven. If you want your applications be supported, you should create bug reports for the bugs you encounter, and then participate in testing patches / pull requests when they are being fixed by someone.
drewgable22 wrote: Thu Jul 01, 2021 2:55 pm I'm a software developer for MS-DOS, Windows and Linux
Or even better help by just fixing them, if you are a developer.

See these articles:
- https://reactos.org/wiki/File_Bugs
- https://reactos.org/wiki/Development_Introduction