ReactCraft server(Unofficial ReactOS Minecraft server)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Would you be interested in a ReactOS community Minecraft Java Edition server?

Poll ended at Fri Oct 02, 2020 6:24 am

No, I'm totally opposed
44%
Yes, I would be interested
56%

Total votes: 9

Missingno50

ReactCraft server(Unofficial ReactOS Minecraft server)

Post by Missingno50 »

Welp, a 4:5 vote succeeded, so now I have officially made the server! A link to its makeshift website(which I plan to expand to have a few more things, including a suggestion box so we don't have to keep this forum post up) is right here. http://reactcraft.byethost33.com I picked New York as the server location and I'm hoping that doesn't bite me later.

IP:reactcraft.crafted.pro

There's a few things left to iron out. Will this be an anarchy server, or a server with specific rules and guidelines? What kind of rules? Will it be completely vanilla, or Bukkit or modded server? What kind of addons or mods?

And of course, I'm going to need to make a proper logo and flesh out the website a bit. That'll all come later, maybe tomorrow. For now though, I really need your guy's responses on the topic!
Last edited by Missingno50 on Sun Oct 04, 2020 6:44 am, edited 2 times in total.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.
tomleem

Re: Whose interested in a ReactOS associated Minecraft server?

Post by tomleem »

I am not interested in it but I am not opposed to it.
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

tomleem wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:18 am I am not interested in it but I am not opposed to it.
I really should've listed more options or just changed it to a simple yes or no but by the time I thought about it, someone else had voted, and I didn't want their vote to be invalidated. That's on me. :oops:
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.
minecraftchest1

Post by minecraftchest1 »

I would be interested. I don't think the location matters to much. (I've played on a server 10 states away from me in the US without issues.) However, trans-Atlantic might be a problem. Post the address once you get it please.
My name is MinecraftChest1.
I am a Windows and Linux user.
I have broken reactos once.
That's my resume.
Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

I'm only going to do it if a majority say yes(or maybe I will anyways, depends on how my financials are), but the location kind of matters since from what I recall the majority live in Europe. Might put it on the East Coast of the US of A to sort of strike a "happy balance" of sorts.
samlarson

Post by samlarson »

Minecraft gets less and less populated day by day due to the fact that most of the players already bored of it. SO maybe its too late to make a server?
Last edited by samlarson on Tue Sep 22, 2020 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

samlarson wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 11:55 am Minecraft gets less and less populated day by day due to the fact that most of the players already bored of it. SO maybe its too late to make a server
I think you're wrong, since I've yet to meet someone who has ever said they were bored of Minecraft. Sure, it's not as popular as it used to be(that popularity going to games like Fortnite or something similar now), but it's still popular. I mean, hell, 2B2T is still up and running, AND it's getting plenty of players. So is Hypixel and the other more popular servers.

However, perhaps I truly am wrong and you are right. I'm probably blinded by my sheer love for the game.
minecraftchest1

Post by minecraftchest1 »

I would donate if I could. I would also donate to ReactOS as well.
My name is MinecraftChest1.
I am a Windows and Linux user.
I have broken reactos once.
That's my resume.
Missingno50

Post by Missingno50 »

9 votes with a 56%(5 vote) victory saying yes. I'll set the server up over the weekend, along with trying to set up a simple website with a donate button on it. I hope this idea turns out to be a success, because this really sounds like a fun idea to do.