Created a Guilded server for chatting about ReactOS

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

VanillaLilly

Created a Guilded server for chatting about ReactOS

Post by VanillaLilly »

Hey everyone! <3
I've been watching ReactOS videos on the community channel for quite some time now. I've also played with the OS in VirtualBox and I gotta say, it's pretty impressive. Now that introductions are out of the way, let me get to the point.
As a fun learning experience for both me and others, I created a Guilded server for chatting about ReactOS.
What does it offer? Main attractions are an event calendar, a voice chat channel, a channel where you can post pictures of ReactOS running on real hardware, each post having its own comment section, a forum section, and the ability to create threads if the chat gets too cluttered.
I'm still polishing things up, but if you want to join, or just want to see how it looks like without joining, here is the link: guilded.gg/ROS-Guilded
binarymaster

Re: Created a Guilded server for chatting about ReactOS

Post by binarymaster »

Hello.

Please note that we already have Mattermost chat (930 users) and Discord server (530 users), and also a bunch of Telegram groups per language.

I'm not sure it's good idea to spread the community along more chat platforms, but it's ok to experiment with things. ;)
VanillaLilly

Post by VanillaLilly »

Thanks for the reply, binarymaster <3. It is an honor to be talking with a dev (according to https://reactos.org/wiki/People_of_ReactOS).
I did see the Mattermost (at https://chat.reactos.org/login, I didn't try it yet though). And I did see the forum topic related to the Discord server. It is very inspiring to see an unofficial server grow so big over time. The reason I didn't go there is because I don't like Discord as a platform. Or, rather, I do like Discord as a platform, I love its features, but I don't like the people behind Discord. They did some very shady stuff quite some time ago, and it was a pretty big controversy (I'd rather not go into details right now). I do not blame people for using it though, and I wish the staff over at the Discord server the best of luck, from the bottom of my heart. I hope they continue to grow.
binarymaster wrote:I'm not sure it's good idea to spread the community along more chat platforms, but it's ok to experiment with things. ;)
I do indeed think that it's not going to grow as much as the other platforms, it's probably not even possible. But that's okay. As you said, it's ok to experiment with things. If it would have just a few active-ish people, that would be more than what I could wish for. (´。• ᵕ •。`)
Thank you for your time.
erkinalp

Post by erkinalp »

Sorry but the team link does not allow me to join.
-uses Ubuntu+GNOME 3 GNU/Linux
-likes Free (as in freedom) and Open Source Detergents
-favors open source of Windows 10 under GPL2
prisha500

Post by prisha500 »

Hey all! 💖

Been diving into ReactOS content and tinkering with it on VirtualBox—super impressed! So, I've set up a Guilded server for ReactOS chat. Highlights include an event calendar, voice chat, a space for ReactOS pics on real hardware, forums, and thread creation.
Davey C39

Post by Davey C39 »

That's awesome to hear that you've been exploring ReactOS. Creating a Guilded server for it sounds like a great idea! The event calendar, voice chat, and hardware pics channel all sound like fantastic features.