If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)
Moderator: Moderator Team
- Posts: 87
- Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:39 pm
Today I have stumbled upon good news: Sandboxie will be open sourced:
This will be a good start to build an own ReactOS Sandbox component, similar to Windows Sandbox, but not dependent on so many resources, nor resource hogging.
The article is already almost 4 months old, because I have given up on Sandboxie after being acquired by Sophos, so I just found out about this.
What do you think?
IT: The only place where a cookie could pose a risk to your privacy.
- Posts: 307
- Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:19 am
1. Why does ReactOS need a Sandbox component? Most people do not need this and there are few things that work well under a Sandbox. Also, I know Chromium already has a sandbox under the hood.
2. Sandboxie is only half supported by Sophos, so who will maintain it if/when it does open-source?
3. Sandboxie is 7+, ReactOS still has a ways to go before it can use Sandboxie.
- Posts: 4439
- Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2004 7:52 pm
- Location: Germany, Bavaria, Steinfeld
1. Sandbox is a nice way to test apps in a secure environment. I like these tools and use them regularly.
2. When it will open source, you have cuommunity support as we do. Well exactly as we do as the developers are in there too. Read their article.
3. Yes, that one is correct ^^
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests