Possible ReactOS-associated Space Engineers server?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Missingno50

Possible ReactOS-associated Space Engineers server?

Post by Missingno50 »

I was thinking about starting a Space Engineers server for the people who are into ReactOS, however the cost is kinda much, so I was curious how many people would be interested in such a server. It would be hosted in Amsterdam, with maybe 20 players although I'll boost it up more or lower it depending on how much interest this garners. It'd be a survival server set on Star System, since it's one of the few servers with worlds on it. The asteroid density would be set to high and the environment hostility would be set to normal rather than safe. Playerwise, everything would be set to realistic, but if it becomes too much of a bother I'll increase player stats. Wolves, drones, and spiders would be floating around to attack you if you got too close, and the economy is enabled but the bounties are disabled.
There'll probably be more settings in the future to discuss if this gets any further than the idea stge.
Last edited by Missingno50 on Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.
karlexceed

Re: Possible ReactOS Space Engineers server?

Post by karlexceed »

Have you tried to run a Space Engineers server on ROS at all? The system requirements specify Win 7 as a minimum: https://www.spaceengineersgame.com/syst ... ments.html
Missingno50

Re: Possible ReactOS Space Engineers server?

Post by Missingno50 »

Karl, I didn't mean ReactOS running Space Engineers, I mean a server hosted for people that is associated with ReactOS. I guess sort of like 2b2t and 4chan.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.
karlexceed

Re: Possible ReactOS-associated Space Engineers server?

Post by karlexceed »

That makes a bit more sense...
Rct. Tsoul

Post by Rct. Tsoul »

yes thats why im here, I want to run a headless Space Engineers Server on ROS........ is it possible?...... has anyone tried it?.......... can your server host more than 10 players?
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Rct. Tsoul wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:38 pm yes thats why im here, I want to run a headless Space Engineers Server on ROS........ is it possible?...... has anyone tried it?.......... can your server host more than 10 players?
Nothing works on ROS until you've tried it. Then it works or it doesn't.
My bet would be - it doesn't but I've not tried it.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Also, your '.' key is stuck.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
MadWolf

Post by MadWolf »

the last time I looked at running a Space Engineers dedicated server the software is 64bit and needs .net to run ReactOS is not 64bit yet I may test this myself

https://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers ... on_of_the/

Edit 1
downloading the Space Engineers dx9-32bit dedicated server on windows and copying the files to ReactOS and installing Microsoft .net framework 4.0 you can get to the config screen but the config screen does not display properly and when you click the button to start the server it crashes

steamcmd.exe
login anonymous
app_update 298740 -beta dx9-32bit validate