ReactOS Mattermost!

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Adcock

ReactOS Mattermost!

Post by Adcock »

cernodile wrote: Official ReactOS Mattermost
ReactOS now has an official communication platfom that is completely decentralized.. Mattermost!

https://chat.reactos.org/ - Login with your ReactOS account.
I copied the message from Discord.
Thanks to cernodile for the information.
This [ I mean my post ] is not an official announcement.
Thanks to Colin Finck for ReactOS Mattermost and RosBridge.
Last edited by Adcock on Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ROCKNROLLKID

Re: ReactOS Mattermost!

Post by ROCKNROLLKID »

Says maximum number of accounts reached for me. Is this going to replace the old IRC?
Adcock

Post by Adcock »

ROCKNROLLKID wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 am Says maximum number of accounts reached for me.
That issue is being worked on.
ROCKNROLLKID wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 am Is this going to replace the old IRC?
It seems IRC is going to stay according to Cernodile.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Which matters most? Rocket Chat or Mattermost?
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

Adcock wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 6:37 pm
ROCKNROLLKID wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 am Says maximum number of accounts reached for me.
That issue is being worked on.
ROCKNROLLKID wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:08 am Is this going to replace the old IRC?
It seems IRC is going to stay according to Cernodile.
I didnt realize Cernodile organized that.
Alahndro

Post by Alahndro »

Thanks, this is nice. Finally a working chat again as I was not able to register at freenode!
ctasan

Post by ctasan »

Just installed an Android client and joined the party. Thanks go for everyone involved in this. Won't miss the party again!
ReactOS Community Changelogs | Admin of ReactOS Official Twitter Account | Admin of ReactOS Turkish Twitter Account @reactos_tr
binarymaster

Post by binarymaster »

Adcock wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:06 pm This [ I mean my post ] is not an official announcement.
I copied the message from Discord.
Thanks to cernodile.
learn_more wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 pm I didnt realize Cernodile organized that.
Adcock, you may edit your first post according to the official ros-dev mail letter. ;)

https://www.reactos.org/pipermail/ros-d ... 19045.html
Adcock

Post by Adcock »

binarymaster thanks for that information.
Hmmm...
learn_more wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:41 pm I didnt realize Cernodile organized that.
I don't know what made you think that.
However, I will make changes to avoid confusion.
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

It was a sarcastic comment towards the way it was worded.
Janus

Post by Janus »

Did anyone test mattermost web client with seamonkey?

I ask because I wanted to see what it looked like, but does not work on SM2.49.4
I have no script installed, but reactos.org is whitelisted, and no other domains are shown in it's popup list.

Janus.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

There are still ppl using SeaMonkey?! Well, chrome and Firefox work fine.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

There are many users operating other browsers beyond those giants that desire to be Chrome in look, feel and technical underpinnings.

There is also Palemoon- I use Palemoon 32bit all the time - there is waterfox, there was cyberfox, there are other browsers for Windows. Basically, what is provided by the internet for the internet needs to be browser agnostic, ie. it needs to work on all browsers and not just on Windows but on all o/s including ReactOS!

If we accept that internet provided tools are to be browser-specific and not work in others then we might as well accept that applications can be just as o/s specific and all resign ourselves to abandon the pointless task that is ReactOS and adopt the two-headed behemoth that is Windows running Chrome for ever and ever.

PS. Palemoon runs Mattermost perfectly. :)
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

As far as I understand, much of "browser compatibility" comes down to the underlying browser engine that it uses. The Wikipedia article on this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Browser_engine) sees fit to mention 8 in total, only four of which are under active development.

I agree that any tools the ROS community chooses to embrace should be open and widely available and I'm certainly no fan of any company or technology monopolizing a market, but we also can't ignore the fact that Chrome and other Blink based browsers are more than half of all active (desktop) browsers on the web.

Gecko/Goanna is around 10%, with Trident and WebKit around 5% each and everything else below that. We certainly can't be expected to hold our tools to the requirement that they must work on Dillo and NetSurf, for example.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Now with 100% more Code of Conduct: https://reactos.org/wiki/Mattermost-CoC
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...