ReactOS's model (or better none model)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

mametoc

ReactOS's model (or better none model)

Post by mametoc »

Fiest of all sorry for my bad english text.

Since many time i've the perception of simptoms "reals" or not whit many thinks about the model:

The more i see ReactOS web, the more i discouraged about the model project claimed. All counting myself as a NT OS user whit 0.0...% in programing development:

FIrst is the "Foundation" Jesus... sorry, but i think thats is the weird, foundations, religions, ONGs, money, etc.. are nice for novels, TV shows, movies... but NOT for real live, the most exciting and entertainting think about this i remember is "Knight Rider" TV series. I'm working -not part- for a foundation since about 4 years, and well...

Foundations are and will be in follow years the perfect lairs for corruption, an example: public or private raise fund to a fundation+fundation member know or is personal friend from public/private charge=foundation uses that cash to buy services, materials, favors, etc... for the previous knwon/"friends" people, so i dont results strange to me (at the moment) why any euro or russian governments are interesed in ReactOS, ¿Truly are waiting ReactOS until an ex-UE or elsewhere-public charge and/or rich whit personal problems related to new technologies fiascos claims people whit tons of money and goverments put cash in ReactOS yes or yes?.

Not counting (and sorry me for repeat... nearly four years working for a one...) the damage social-economical when the foundation dont care nothing more than expanding whitout take care to get results in a <>equivalent part (minimun 48% at least) in one of their secondary/s targert/s writed and signed in papers.

Another "killer eyes" is the "Jobs", ok, yes some people known more than others but this simply can kill motivation for some people whit principles to NOT do that whit a salary or even found repulsive get involved in a project whit this posibility, even more when probably someone are feeled in the past incomode working a full decade or more for a -minded expansive/profits- corporation.

Another think i perceps as a travesti donation, the fundraise, if the intention is go up and up gradualy in a time line a time raise of donations that don't work. By fundraising i understand first for all for profit projects but for free or open source projects?. Whit a project like ReactOS it sounds -hopefully instead a profit cash fundraising- nearest like a guy (spanish and real) whit a fundraising for travel troght the world promissing put the photos in a blog=result fail.

I'm specialy critic whit fundraising, it's the perfect reflect of a world wich democracy dont care and is useless, "economicracy" might sounds strange but is a clear example what happened in the "modern?" Atenas at east-south europe: "Not decide by yourself dont feel free, decide whit the money despressure/high amount or preassure/low amount."

Talking for myself plus the previous thinks. I'm talking for my scenario. Recently changed AMD ATHlON XP/Pentium 4 only x86, for Core 2 Duo x86/x64.

As result i've deleted most x86 apps, and i'm still searching/changing for the same app but x64 or for a similar app in x64 even if is dual x86 x64. The old ones x86 apps discontinued not found equivalent or not x64 support still in use.

The list of only x86 downed off course greatly, not to mention the drivers i've got are pure x64 builds.

Traduction: I've few x86 apps and zero drivers to test in ReactOS.

I avoid talk about other long time thinks to not repeat.

I would use ReactOS daily someday but until thta day arrive -if is--if thinks don't change- i'll stay in the same state as is: Ocasionally some test apps whit few or who know if none (only in Virtual Machine) and no report bugs, if works something, ok, if not, ok too. Retro is cool to me but not so cool to turn search x86 apps in the year or decade when ReactOS is ready for daily use.
PurpleGurl

Re: ReactOS's model (or better none model)

Post by PurpleGurl »

Foundations are just a vehicle for getting things done and working within the laws. Yes, some do suffer corruption, but that is far from all of them. I don't have any reason to believe we have such problems here.
mametoc

Post by mametoc »

But a Foundation is not needed "for getting things done and working within the laws". And ReactOS is every time far and far to get the goal: Or donations for nothing concrete -for personal or team criteria- or for development things expressed by donator and trasvestism donations from to Woo, a campaing, Kickstarter, Indiegogo, got the same results.

There are not a concrete petition donation from ReactOS for "x" becouse there are not much "fisicaly" in emergency terms -like wiki- to maintaining. Wich give the perception as: "nice!, great!, but don't care project" or by Stallman's reporting ReactOS as an unneeded project.

There are not problem/s but there are simptoms... when Reading the page from top and from left to right...theres a first objective is cashpower -fundraising- followed by manpower -development- and cashmanpower -jobs-.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

Do you have any constructive criticism/proposal? Is there any chance your opinion can be changed? If not, nobody forces you to be here. But, if yes, then please share.

It's hard to debate with someone who is 100% sure that "foundations are the perfect lairs for corruption" and bases their whole post on it. Would you prefer "non-profit" naming or are you against the concept as such? Would it be better to you if ReactOS was a for-profit company that didn't give a shit about its users and focused on getting profit? ;-) Even I can see from the publicly available info that the foundation is here to deal with the red tape (paperwork) and to pay for servers/hosting and such. So that the developers don't have to do any of that and can just do the fun part - coding and testing.
mametoc

Post by mametoc »

No constructive/prosposals all are are open about the explained.

Code: Select all

Would it be better to you if ReactOS was a for-profit company that didn't give a shit about its users and focused on getting profit?.
And that's a Foundation:
Would it be better to you if ReactOS was a for-profit company that give an 49% (or less %) shit at users and focused on getting profits for expand it?
So that the developers don't have to do any of that and can just do the fun part - coding and testing.
Ok, but remember: two types: developer$ and developers, and testers, and who know if in a distopia tester$.
...nobody forces you to be here.
No needed, the Foundations job is push peoples -whitout do anything- to auto-exclusion or auto-sacrifice when people are too deficitary -in all terms-, all according whit the law, off course... there are here to generate valours much as they can to hide -much as can- their lack of principles.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

I highly doubt anyone would invest time in the foundational paperwork if it didn't bring any advantages. If you're afraid of a foundation "stealing" your money, don't donate.

BTW, there are actually two ROS foundations, did you know? One in Germany and one in Russia.