If microsoft goes out of busniess?

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

tomleem

Re: If microsoft goes out of busniess?

Post by tomleem »

DOSGuy wrote:
tomleem wrote:There are those who wants to create a FOSS of OS/2 like ROS is doing with Windows. OSFree.
I've been familiar with osFree for years. I wanted it to be successful, but the last release (0.0.4) was in 2009, and there has only been a handful of commits in the last few years. The forum is dead. At the current rate of progress, osFree will reach ReactOS 0.3.15-like milestones sometime in 3009, with a full v1.0 release expected before 5013.
I believe there are fewer people working on it than ROS. They do have a post dated 2011/10/27. ;)
There are original free and open source operating systems. When it comes to FOS OSes that attempt full compatibility with a closed source OS, there's FreeDOS, Haiku and ReactOS, and a lot of projects that never got off the ground.
There the various versions of Linux; some better than others. http://www.linux.com/
We're not in beta.
My apologies. It is in Alpha. :cry:
Tom Lee M / BigGoofyGuy
DOSGuy

Re: If microsoft goes out of busniess?

Post by DOSGuy »

tomleem wrote:
DOSGuy wrote:There are original free and open source operating systems. When it comes to FOS OSes that attempt full compatibility with a closed source OS, there's FreeDOS, Haiku and ReactOS, and a lot of projects that never got off the ground.
There the various versions of Linux; some better than others. http://www.linux.com/
Linux is an original operating system, albeit a Unix-like one.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.