Search found 1786 matches

by PurpleGurl
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:19 am
Forum: ReactOS Website discussion
Topic: Version / Changelog navigation templates order / verbiage unification
Replies: 10
Views: 1940

Re: Version / Changelog navigation templates order / verbiage unification

I changed the last one to fit the above discussion as it was the only one not protected. Now if someone with elevated privileges will edit the first 2 to match, it would be good. Now, I hope the bolding is left since that lets the user know which one is selected. The idea there is for the current pa...
by PurpleGurl
Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:13 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Reactos participation and windows source leaked
Replies: 43
Views: 3125

Re: Reactos participation and windows source leaked

Thanks for the explanation. LOL!

No, I don't think GitHub will fix this as they regard it as a feature. It has been brought to their attention and it is currently in the "Won't fix" category.
by PurpleGurl
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:55 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Reactos participation and windows source leaked
Replies: 43
Views: 3125

Re: Reactos participation and windows source leaked

I think I was misunderstood above. I didn't say that the CoC and SJW were issues with us. I was thinking that if the leader of GreenTea OS was involved, the fact that he has the CoC for his project could be a motive to discredit us since we don't have that, and SJW types will sometimes use misdirect...
by PurpleGurl
Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:19 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Reactos participation and windows source leaked
Replies: 43
Views: 3125

Re: Reactos participation and windows source leaked

Oh, so more of a meme or a prank? I see. So it might not be directly connected to the other controversy, though it could have helped trigger it or have perhaps been inspired by it.
by PurpleGurl
Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:58 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Reactos participation and windows source leaked
Replies: 43
Views: 3125

Re: Reactos participation and windows source leaked

The GitHub user implicated made two other commits on the same day with the same commit title, but different descriptions: https://github.com/GreenteaOS/Greentea/commit/1fc7951e0de53ee34584f10797d93a632337cf15 https://github.com/GreenteaOS/Greentea/commit/46a2343f9fb2d46ef9f505089d1d66423f9c8782 But...
by PurpleGurl
Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:40 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Reactos participation and windows source leaked
Replies: 43
Views: 3125

Re: Reactos participation and windows source leaked

@Quim, where did you get this blob link from? Don't tell me you used some random chars and picked a strange random blob by doing so. Someone gave this to you and I'd like to know who. There is no code linkage to any of our commits, there is no commit access for that PeyTy and never will be due to t...
by PurpleGurl
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:30 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Driver loader for bypassing Windows x64 Driver Signature Enforcement
Replies: 3
Views: 644

Re: Driver loader for bypassing Windows x64 Driver Signature Enforcement

It is only needed going the other way. See, if we want to test our drivers on Windows that enforces this, that is how the driver loader could help us. We would directly load the driver without verification on our end, but if we want to test Windows behavior with our drivers, we'd likely need somethi...
by PurpleGurl
Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:22 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Third party criticism to ReactOS project
Replies: 22
Views: 1466

Re: Third party criticism to ReactOS project

I didn't know there was a paid audit several years back. I only knew about the first one. So that begs some questions. Did the audit originate with ROS? If not, then who did it? And what/where are the findings? I will search the web and see if anything comes up. Also, maybe information about the fir...
by PurpleGurl
Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:05 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Third party criticism to ReactOS project
Replies: 22
Views: 1466

Re: Third party criticism to ReactOS project

And what do you think about the Rocall tool? And is it okay to use tools built by those who are "dirty?" At least if you never examine the source?
by PurpleGurl
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:27 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Third party criticism to ReactOS project
Replies: 22
Views: 1466

Re: Third party criticism to ReactOS project

I'm with both Daniel and Diz on this. This does seem to be a dangerous sort of troll, and these are the kind who will pull you into a sewer and are always better at navigating the sewer. These are the ones for whom the old US saying "Walk softly and carry a big stick" may apply. I'd let legal counse...
by PurpleGurl
Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:14 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers written in Rust
Replies: 6
Views: 997

Re: Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers written in Rust

Or, unless someone here is willing to convert them to C and/or ASM, though C is to goto language for us.
by PurpleGurl
Thu Jan 10, 2019 11:13 pm
Forum: Off Topic
Topic: Microsoft and TomTom are partnering together on certain tools
Replies: 6
Views: 7613

Re: Microsoft and TomTom are partnering together on certain tools

Yeah, I proposed similar, but with a way to hide CMD and launch certain DOS commands when they'd be faster. Like ask, "This copy operation can take a while. Would you prefer to use XCopy?"
by PurpleGurl
Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:24 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Google Summer of Code 2019 Ideas
Replies: 50
Views: 3455

Re: Google Summer of Code 2019 Ideas

- but this is not about what we need. It is about what we can entice students to create. True. We have to think more in terms of the long game. Right now, give them the low hanging fruit, and if they want to stay to do the other stuff, they can. We don't want to assign a hard one they give up on an...
by PurpleGurl
Wed Jan 09, 2019 12:14 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Google Summer of Code 2019 Ideas
Replies: 50
Views: 3455

Re: Google Summer of Code 2019 Ideas

I think finishing USB support, NTFS. PnP and printing. It could very well be possible any of those four could be developed into a more complete and perhaps even usable state. But any progress in anything is all good and I do hope there will be more than one mentored student this time around. I agre...