Search found 17 matches

by knowmad
Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:11 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Google Summer of Code 2019 Ideas
Replies: 50
Views: 2596

Re: Google Summer of Code 2019 Ideas

I think finishing USB support, NTFS. PnP and printing. It could very well be possible any of those four could be developed into a more complete and perhaps even usable state. But any progress in anything is all good and I do hope there will be more than one mentored student this time around.
by knowmad
Tue Jan 01, 2019 7:44 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: We urgently need a beta
Replies: 41
Views: 6344

Re: We urgently need a beta

Out of curiosity and looking over the commits, it seems there has been fair amount of work on PnP. Are we at all close to that possibly becoming functional/useable?
by knowmad
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:27 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Only 1 student this year?
Replies: 26
Views: 10735

Re: Only 1 student this year?

Keep in mind the word "almost" does not make anything a definitive statement. Certainly the student's efforts will provide yet more functionality to ReactOS and we can all be fully confident that the senior dev's are fully and accurately correct about a student's abilities now as well and what is po...
by knowmad
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:18 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Only 1 student this year?
Replies: 26
Views: 10735

Re: Only 1 student this year?

Well if i'ts only one student that's gonna make almost zero difference to ReactOS progress :(
by knowmad
Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:15 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: ReactOS V0.4.3 not usable under Qemu/KVM
Replies: 7
Views: 6241

Re: ReactOS V0.4.3 not usable under Qemu/KVM

"Still WIP but progressing very well while we post"
Does that mean that the GSOC tasks are now or about to be merged into trunk?
by knowmad
Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:48 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Total issues to resolve / fix in ReactOS
Replies: 5
Views: 4942

Re: Total issues to resolve / fix in ReactOS

Also, keep in mind, that many many more bugs will appear as new features are added.
by knowmad
Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:44 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: ReactOS V0.4.3 not usable under Qemu/KVM
Replies: 7
Views: 6241

Re: ReactOS V0.4.3 not usable under Qemu/KVM

I don't think any of the GSOC work has been merged into trunk yet? If not, one of the GSOC's work projects was on USB, so anything related to that might fix that type of problem :)
by knowmad
Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:36 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Why ROS will not work on NTFS/ZFS/Reiser4/whatever right now
Replies: 55
Views: 200337

Re: Why ROS will not work on NTFS/ZFS/Reiser4/whatever right

It's all well and good that ReactOS supports alternative file systems. However if we want anyone who uses Windows as their primary OS to even think about trying ReactOS out I'm sure if NTFS write support is implimented, many would attempt to do so. Also, bear in mind that amongst the potential tryer...
by knowmad
Sat Aug 20, 2016 6:46 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Proposals for REALLY pushing this project forward
Replies: 33
Views: 21563

Re: Proposals for REALLY pushing this project forward

Any work done on the common cache will help any file system one intends to use with the OS. In light of the fact that the GSOC work on NTFS write support by Trevor (BTW Greatly appreciated as well as the other students' work) has accomplished and it might now be completed by someone else.Speaking fo...
by knowmad
Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:06 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: This month in ReactOS (2015-10)
Replies: 31
Views: 22238

Re: This month in ReactOS (2015-10)

Very Nice! How about somehow posting this in some form on the front page as well?
by knowmad
Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:12 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: tcpip_revolution
Replies: 16
Views: 12749

Re: tcpip_revolution

It would be a pity to see that for whatever reason he no longer contributes. Clearly one of the more talented programmers to grace the project. When he was under contract, he accomplished quite a bit in a short period of time.
by knowmad
Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:38 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: interim release
Replies: 3
Views: 2902

Re: interim release

Removing 0.3.17 and replacing it with a daily might be better but people need to clearly understand that the daily builds can introduce temporary regressions that could prove to be more unstable or unusable than the "official" release of 0.3.17. The further ahead the development proceeds from 0.3.17...
by knowmad
Sat Sep 05, 2015 4:10 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: interim release
Replies: 3
Views: 2902

interim release

In view of the fact that ReactOS 0.3.17 is somewhat outdated and alot of work has been done since it has been released, would there be an interim release before 0.4.0 is out?
by knowmad
Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:48 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Blog: ReactOS printing for the first time!
Replies: 15
Views: 16568

Re: Blog: ReactOS printing for the first time!

Applause and Congratulations! It could very well draw more interest in ReactOS
by knowmad
Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:55 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: EPIC WIN!
Replies: 1189
Views: 1090244

Re: EPIC WIN!

This is FANTASTIC news! Certainly worth to post Colin's achievement on the front page :D :D