Search found 15 matches

by Ragnar_Darude
Thu Nov 12, 2009 5:32 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

I just got of the phone with Lars Ilmoni at Tillväxtverket (see my previous post). I called him up at a really bad time for me as i only had a short window of time today and i couldnt get hold of him before. Heres a short summary of what we discussed as i remembered it: ReactOS may be eligible for t...
by Ragnar_Darude
Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:09 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

Ragnar_darude: Any update?
I will call the guy tomorrow afternoon, so we'll where that leads.
by Ragnar_Darude
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:41 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

A hard-copy document would not be bad.
I think this is one of the first things we need to work on, a document/documents presenting the project to any potential financiers. Maybe a small one (like 5 pages) and a big one, maybe even a powerpoint...
by Ragnar_Darude
Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:40 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

I got an e-mail back from Lars Ilmoni at the swedish agency for growth (Tillväxtverket, they facilitate swedish applications for the FP7) who i e-mailed today. He thought that ReactOS seemed interesting and wanted me to call him up on thursday because he wanted to ask me some questions. I would like...
by Ragnar_Darude
Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:30 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

Ok, i got an OK from Aleksey to form a "official" sponsorship/financing team/council. Who wants to join us? Some things to put on the agenda: - Naming of the "team" - How its going to be organized, its not a good idea IMO to have it rely on someone specific as people tend to come and go - Where can ...
by Ragnar_Darude
Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:59 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

I have noted one issue when looking around at different websites about grants. They all ask for a complete name of the organization as well as a real address (physical). I cant seem to find one here on the website, but dont mind yet as i am not that far in the process as that is necessary, but i onl...
by Ragnar_Darude
Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:26 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

- For those who do not speak German, this is the German advisory service for the FP7 programme! Great! I was also thinking of getting into contact with swedish politicians (i'm a swede) before i checked this forum and saw that you, again, was way ahead of me! I'm assuming you can work something out...
by Ragnar_Darude
Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:16 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

Witch, i'm sorry that i might have sounded a bit mean and disrespectful in previous posts, but i must make everyone understand that we can only operate on information that is at hand and that can be verified. We cannot take into account any "information" passed anonomously and that cannot be verifie...
by Ragnar_Darude
Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:18 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

Great thinking! Only problem is that i wont be around for IRC chat at 16 (17 here) tomrrow, i'm celebrating my grandmothers 88 birthday :) I think we should defenitively, as you wrote, ask the developers about their previous experience on this. I saw some photograph on Aleksey somewhere together wit...
by Ragnar_Darude
Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:41 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

Aeneas, I agree with everything you say. Getting in contact with Mozilla would be a great idea! I just want to make sure that everything we do is in agreement with the rest of ReactOS. I don't want it to be just you and me that think getting sponsorship is a great idea. My last post was written kind...
by Ragnar_Darude
Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:50 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

Does ReactOS want to become "professional"? That was a really good way to frame the issue. I'm not sure I understand everything you wrote but lets see if we can look at this issue a bit. As i see it there is four possible scenarios for the ReactOS code (might be more): Scenario 1: Un-paid developme...
by Ragnar_Darude
Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:17 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: A question about raw console mode in ReactOS
Replies: 19
Views: 10949

Re: A question about raw console mode in ReactOS

Im wondering why there isnt a log-console in ReactOS. Would be convenient when debugging either the OS or any application to see the debug-log roll out in real-time (without needing a second computer and a null-modem cable) and to do some kernel-level commands that could be useful while debugging RO...
by Ragnar_Darude
Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:05 am
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

By the way, I see this not as an "everything or nothing"-thing. Finally, not "ReactOS" needs to be submitted, right? - I mean, if you have some kind of separable technology that could be finalised in a closed time-frame I disagree, because it would be really impractical. A proposal to for example t...
by Ragnar_Darude
Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:10 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

Registering for something like this should be done by the Project Coordinator after discussion (and possibly voting) with the development team. Yes you are absolutely right, but i just wanted to see more on what how the application-process would work. I only registered on their 'file-sending' servi...
by Ragnar_Darude
Fri Nov 06, 2009 9:31 pm
Forum: General Discussion and Feedback
Topic: Organisation of non-developers?
Replies: 79
Views: 34798

Re: Organisation of non-developers?

Ok, i spent some hours reading on the links provided in the letter from the EU-person. I can say that we can safely disregard any nonsense about EU really being the Matrix (I am a psychologist-student and I would recommend Witch to seek professional counselling if those stated ideas seem real to him...