Small Hickup

Hello everyone!

This update will be rather short.

At the same time I was writing last week's post, I had already started to feel sore in my throat.
By Sunday evening, I had a slight fever, and by Monday it was obvious that I must have caught a flu.

I have been trying to poke around as I was recovering, but I couldn't really focus enough to do anything complex.

I don't like leaving everyone wondering, so I decided to post, even if it's a little late already.

Tweaks and improvements

Sorry for the delay! Drupal was causing issues on submitting new things.

This week I continued what I was doing the previous one.

I focused my efforts in the browse window, tweaking the existing code, fixing logic issues and cleaning up the code a bit.

There were some visual differences that were easy to fix, and others that will require a lot of work.

Slowly getting closer...

Another week is over, and it’s time for me to look back and convert all my efforts into words.

If you recall from the previous report, I was trying to fix the keyboard navigation. I managed to find and fix the issue that caused my code not to process the key presses correctly. With that issue fixed, I could implement the code to switch left and right between popup menus, and shell menus, both between a popup and a shell menu (which was already working last week), and between a shell menu and a popup.

Menus and keyboard navigation

Sorry for the delay.

This past week has been full of holidays and the inevitable family meetings, so the report will be short.

After spending some more time on the context menu bug, I decided to leave it aside, and focus on things that improve the progress. If the code is incompatible with TortoiseGit for some reason, I can figure that out later.

At the peak of the mountain... there's a hill?

This week really didn’t “start”; it was merely a continuation of the past weeks.

The issue where the toolbar did not receive clicks was one of those annoying problems where finding the apparent cause is easy, but finding a solution not so much. The issue, as far as I could tell, was related to using SetCapture as a means to track the mouse movement on top of the toolbar. If I disabled that piece of code, the clicks got through, but – of course – other features stopped working.


The Blog Posts

Opinions, technical details, side projects or lovely kittens created directly by the ReactOS Devs.

Their opinions are theirs, so...well...any injuries, wounds, or dead-kittens due them, are..well..their own responsibility.

Visit the "Project News" for official statements.