Greetings! Welcome to the third blog of the series “1st-stage GUI setup”: September 2023: Partly Wine-syncing setupapi October-November 2023: Making partitioning UI work December 2023: First tests In this third blog post, I will cover my work done during the month of December 2023: testing the whole 1st-stage GUI setup, together with the partially wine-synced setupapi dll. Finishing and testing the partitioning page UI The first week was devoted to finally putting together the code for manipulating partitions from the user interface, using the new workflow, and testing it.
Greetings! Welcome to the second blog of the series “1st-stage GUI setup”: September 2023: Partly Wine-syncing setupapi October-November 2023: Making partitioning UI work December 2023: First tests As you may have noticed, I have been quite silent about my work and not regularly writing blog posts about what I have done so far. Well, I am more concerned about getting actual code written and working before discussing about it, instead of doing that about half-done not-yet-tested code; much like what the GUI setup was during these previous months.
Greetings to all ReactOS followers! As many of you certainly are aware by now, I have been officially hired by ReactOS Deutschland e.V. to develop the graphical version of the 1st-stage ReactOS installer (“1st-stage GUI setup”). This is the first blog of the series “1st-stage GUI setup”: September 2023: Partly Wine-syncing setupapi October-November 2023: Making partitioning UI work December 2023: First tests During this first month of September 2023, my goal was to partly sync the code of the setupapi.
Hello everyone, I'm summarizing here my latest progress towards making Word 2010 running in ReactOS. After having paused a little my ReactOS development during the first two weeks of February (due to personal matters), I started reviewing Samuel Serapión's NTLM code (in the "sspi-bringup" branch) and first focused on trying to convert his NTLM tests into something that can be included into our apitest framework. This is still work-in-progress because his original tests are interactive, and I need to find the good way of turning them into automated tests and finding a way to store the test results (for comparison purposes), as the tests are modeled around a client/server architecture.
Hello everyone! As you've seen my activity in the blogs has been reduced quite a lot since beginning January,so here is a summary of what I did during the month of January. First two weeks of January (until ~= 15) In my previous report of last time, I explained that what blocked my progress on Word 2010 was the absence of NTLM authentication support for the installation to continue & finish.
Hi everyone, let me first wish you a happy new year 2017! During the second half of last month (December) I did not have much time to work on ReactOS, hence the fact I could not write more reports for you to read. I was however able to test some stuff I started to work on during last November. I have started to familiarize and play a bit with the user-profile APIs inside userenv.
Hello everybody. Today I am going to summarize my progress on Word 2010 installation so far, concerning the main two problems I did encounter: setting a correct environment block for services, and understanding why the SLInitialize function fails, leading to the failure of the Word 2010 installation. The third problem, namely correctly stopping services, will be addressed in a subsequent report. Reading the two previous weekly reports: "Part 1: Installation"
In this second report I continue my investigations on the Word 2010 installation. Last time we saw that our services (and in particular the "Office Software Protection Platform" OSPPSVC service) were started without a complete environment block, and as a result some needed environment variables were missing, causing e.g. OSPPSVC to fail opening some of its files. We now analyse what happens after my local fix (NOTE: I have not committed the fix yet, as I validate it in my local installation first).
Hello everyone, I am Hermès Bélusca-Maïto. This is my first week report, as part of the part-time scholarship that I started two weeks ago, that consists in making ReactOS being able to support Word 2010. Preliminaries Before starting anything with Word 2010 I needed to prepare a testing environment. Because I am a native Windows user, I use a ReactOS trunk build made with the MSVC compiler.