[ros-web] Off-topic: Understanding win32k system calls - help please

Jeetu Golani jeetu.golani at gmail.com
Tue Sep 23 20:10:37 CEST 2008

Hi,

First, I'd like to apologize since what I'm asking doesn't directly relate to
ReactOS however I'm hoping someone here might be able to shed some light.

I've built a rudimentary win32k profiler and  I've hooked the win32k SDT and
hooked onto the NtUserCreateWindowEx function in the hope of studying values
returned by it. I see some strange (to me) values for the x and y
coordinates - values such as 1547372 etc. I'm not sure how to interpret these
values and convert them into pixel units or traditional coordinate
mechanisms. I first thought there must be something wrong with my code
however I'm not so sure anymore.

Would someone here be able to guide me on how to interpret these values???

Thanks and sorry again

Bye for now