[ros-web] New proposed frontpage for reactos.com

Mark IJbema mark at ijbema.xs4all.nl
Tue Mar 29 23:57:52 CEST 2005

On Tue, Mar 29, 2005 at 09:32:04PM +0200, Jason Filby wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Jh sent me a better look: http://reactos.com/newsite/reactos_index.html
> I think it looks better!
>
> I've also reworded our slogan at the top to read what Steven suggested.

A few points:

* the screenshot should be clickable
* imho the navigation should grab somewhat more attention
* as suggested, an about page, which would be the best to link from the
  slogan with something like 'read more...' i think

And at last a technical point. Imho we should really use webstandards.
That means no tables for layout and valid and semantic html (use <ul>
for lists for instance, no use of <b> and <i>, etc). If no-one with
knowledge of this is available i can understand we don't do that though,
though i'm willing to assist with questions (but not code the html/css
since i really don't have enough time).

Regards,

Mark