[ros-web] ReactOS Homepage Design Suggestions (vote soon)

Klemens Friedl klemens_friedl at gmx.net
Thu Jul 14 23:42:07 CEST 2005

ReactOS Homepage Design Suggestions:

I collected all homepage design suggestions that has been posted to the
mailing list(s) and copy&paste it together. I hope this will be useful for
the new ReactOS Homepage. If you also have created a design and you are not
on this list please write a mail to the mailing list!

I will call for a "homepage design vote" soon.

All suggestions:

Jason Filby
  http://reactos.com/newsite/reactos_index.html

  Hi all
  A new proposed frontpage for reactos.com can be found here:
  http://reactos.com/newsite/reactos_index.html
  None of the links go anywhere yet. ezPublish will be phased out and
  most of the content hosted in a wiki (editable only by people trusted
  in the project).
  The wiki/forums/blogs would require a bit of a face-lift so as to look
similar.
  Comments?
  Cheers
  Jason
  http://reactos.com:8080/archives/public/ros-web/2005-March/000050.html

Klemens Friedl <frik85>
  ReactOS design suggestion and "RosCMS" (simple CMS that generate static
pages) example.
  http://frik85.fr.funpic.de/reactos/en/index.htm (HTML version)
  http://frik85.fr.funpic.de/reactos/xhtml/en/index.html (XHTML version)

  Original mail from mailing list (June 2005):
  New ReactOS homepage design suggestion:
  I created a new ros hp design today. What's your opinion about the design?
  -> http://frik85.fr.funpic.de/ros_newhp/
  Klemens Friedl <frik85>
  PS: Maybe we can use it (or parts of it).
  http://reactos.com:8080/archives/public/ros-web/2005-June/000086.html

Brandon Turner
  http://brandonturner.org/ROS/index.html

  Hey,
  I like Mikko's design as well as others did i think(?) for the new
  website.  All he had the was picture i think, so i went ahead and made
  the picture into a website if you were planning on using the design this
  might save ya some time.
  http://brandonturner.org/ROS/index.html
  Brandon
  http://reactos.com:8080/archives/public/ros-web/2005-May/000083.html

Mindflyer's design
  He took Mikko's design and redesign it.
  http://www.mufunyo.net/reactos/web/

  Hiya,
  First preview of what's to come:
  http://www.mufunyo.net/reactos/web
  Have fun,
  mf.
  http://reactos.com:8080/archives/public/ros-web/2005-June/000107.html

ScoTTie
  scotteh at netspace.net.au
  http://www.wizzer-it.com/scott/reactos/

  Hey,
  Ive played a little bit around with the design you initially did and
  came up with this http://www.wizzer-it.com/scott/reactos/ it looks
  Pretty much the same bar some minor alignment changes and some fonts.
  Basiclly ive just removed all the unneeded nested tables. Ive also
  Tested it in IE6, Firefox 1.0.4, Opera 8 and Links and it seems to
  Work fine in all of them.
  -- ScoTTie
  http://reactos.com:8080/archives/public/ros-web/2005-June/000098.html

jh replies at mrnobody.uklinux.net

http://reactos.com:8080/pipermail/ros-web/attachments/20050614/624eb1e9/ros-0001.png

  Hi all,
  Please find attached a screen shot of a page made entirely without tables.
  The general style is a combination of frick85 and mf, altered somewhat by
me.
  You will see the link high-light styles for both navigation bar (mouse
  activated) and page (keyboard activated).
  Note, that all links can be activated by mouse and keyboard.
  So jump in, pull it apart and let use all know your opinions.
  Regards,
  jh
  http://reactos.com:8080/archives/public/ros-web/2005-June/000131.html

Best regards,