[ros-kernel] last keymap contribution

Johannes Olofsson johannes_olofsson at spray.se
Mon Jan 12 08:06:24 CET 2004

Hi!
Having a look at Kbdsw_Swedish_pkf.txt in the CCode folder it seems like the  files are not entirely correct. The
virtual keys OEM_3, OEM_6 and OEM_7 are flagged to be NOCAPS, which is not true in swedish (and probably
not on a polish keyboard layout either).

The order of ther modifier keys are also different for different layouts. For english keyboards the order
is "none, shift, ctrl, shift-ctrl, ctrl-alt, shift-ctrl-alt" , while for german and swedish the order is "none, ctrl,ctrl-
alt(alt-gr), shift-ctrl". Of course the order could be implemented dfferently, but this way only the modifier keys
used for the current layout have to be declared, saving memory (there are a lot of possible modifier key
combinations). For reference have a look at http://www.msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?
url=/library/en-us/wceddk40/html/cmconswedishkeyboard.asp

Good luck!
Regards
Johannes Olofsson