[ros-kernel] Roadmap - 6 months after...

art yerkes ayerkes at speakeasy.net
Thu Apr 29 13:23:30 CEST 2004

>- TCP complete to run as a server
>
>  Not done yet, but there is a work in progress on the network stack.
>  [Arty, can you comment?]

I've been working on a branch, and with a modified freebsd tcp component
haven't checked in yet.

The freebsd tcp built easily and interfaced pretty well.  I had to
provide surrogates for the freebsd routing and interface enumeration
functions which between Casper and I are all provided.

Since freebsd's tcp is complete, the part I'm doing is the interface
to reactos' ip part.  I tend to try to complete each part before moving
to the next, so this interface is currently deep but not wide.

IP input and output from TCP are complete and work well, but I'm still
learning about ndis and kernel timers, etc., so I stumble for a few days
periodically.

The afd -> tcpip interface is evolving slowly but I don't completely
understand everything I need to yet.  Although it's mostly complete,
there are a few rough spots that need help.
--
Hey, Adam Smith, keep your invisible hands to yourself!