[ros-kernel] Different Hardware Architectures

Stephen Hodges theteofscuba at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 21:27:57 CEST 2004

There isn't even USB support for i386 yet. That means there are some people who can't use keyboards and mice, without an emulator. There appears to only be one NIC driver, so that means not even the i386 people are always lucky enough to get networking functionality.

As for others, in no particular order

* Watchdog support
* IrDA
* Bluetooth
* PCMCIA
* AGP
* APM

Aside from other drivers not currently working, such as the sound.

I'm not against porting. There is just too much that needs to be done in general before you go and subvert the process in it's infancy. Clearly there is more that needs to be done to meet the needs of majority of the world. PPC, Alpha and others are the minority and probably would not even be used by many even if the support was there, at least not while there is barely any attention coming from the x86 crowd on the project.