[ros-kernel] Re: ReactOS article to be published in Linux Magazine

Jason Filby jasonfilby at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 5 14:17:58 CEST 2004

Steven Edwards wrote:

>Getting Linux apps to work on ReactOS is feasible and possible now.
It
>should be in our roadmap for ASAP. The way that we have to do this
is
>by fixing everything that is needed to get CoLinux.sys to load and
run
>under ReactOS. Once we have this and a X-Server we will have support
>for 99% of all Linux source and binary applications.

Why should Linux be the standard for the drivers of the future? From
what I've heard, the developers have no problem breaking backwards
compatibility - obviously frustrating hardware vendors. Of course, it
is
interesting and anyone interested in such development won't be
stopped -
has anyone ever been? But I hardly think this is a top priority.

Cheers
Jason