[ros-general] Boot screens

jh replies at mrnobody.uklinux.net
Sun Feb 29 13:51:53 UTC 2004

On 2/28/04 at 4:42 PM João Jerónimo Barata de Oliveira wrote:

>>On 2/27/04 at 6:44 PM João Jerónimo Barata de Oliveira wrote:
>>
>>>I think this is the one that, in my opinion, looks better...
>>>
>>>this is not bad... but please: the blue letters look kitsch!
>>>
>>>João Jerónimo
>
>I only saw that the pictures were not included in the reply after
>sending the message!
>
>The first coment refers to the first picture and the secont coment
>refers to the last (third) picture...
>
>João Jerónimo

You must be referring to the boot screen ideas that I posted a week ago.

I too like the first one then the third one and I agree that the blue text is bad. They were only ideas.

I would suggest that ReactOS be placed in the upper half and a version number and anything else in the lower half.

But It is up to the powers that be to decide if there shall be a boot screen or not and it is not up to me. One has already suggested that there should not be a boot screen in ros.

I think that if No1 was done correctly, then it would be very eye catching to the first timers. Just imagine someone seeing that come up on screen as ros boots up, they would think, ' wow, this looks good ' and it would fill them with great excitement. But boot screens don' t make an OS

Regards,
jh.