[ros-general] IFS-faq v0.9

Filip Navara xnavara at volny.cz
Sat Feb 28 15:27:36 UTC 2004

 > Q: What file systems does ReactOS support, now?
 > A: For now, the only file system supported is FAT(12/16/32) without
VFAT.

ReactOS supports FAT(12/16/32) with VFAT and also ISO9660!

 > Q: What file systems will ReactOS support?
 > A: Our goal is to support as many file systems as possible. There can
be developed IFS-drivers for at least these disk file systems which are
available with linux. It's > however verry hard to program a
compliant/working file system driver. So it will take some time.
 > At least there will be:
 > - FAT(12/16/32) plus VFAT

Already supported.

 > - ISO-9660 - CD-ROM

Ditto.

 > - NPFS - named pipe file system (internal FS)
 > - MSFS - mailslot file system (internal FS)

I'm not sure if these two drivers are already finished and working or
not, but at least the skeleton is already there.

- Filip