[ros-dev] ReactOS on ARM, working on the iPhone

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 22 20:55:30 UTC 2012

On 22.06.2012 21:06, Richardo Stallmanu wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I just got freeldr working properly (sort of) on the iPhone 4!
> Currently, I use Apple's iBSS
> (first stage DFU bootloader), with the go command patched to always branch to
> 0x41000000. 0x41000000 contains the actual LLB, which is relocated to
> 0x42000000.
> The LLB will initialize the ReactOS loader console and ARM loader
> block, which is sent
> to FreeLoader, just like on Omap3/Zoom2MDK and Versatile/PB.
>
> Time to get ramdisks working. :)
>
> http://goput.it/uc5.jpg <- There's your picture.

The bootloader is only the first step... getting ReactOS itself to boot
and utilize the iPhone's hardware correctly (and I'm mostly talking
about the CPU and the memory here) is a rather big part that remains
(not even mentioning that ROS won't boot that far into user mode at all
on ARM...)

Regards,
Sven