[ros-dev] Undocumented APIs

James Tabor jimtabor at adsl-64-217-116-74.dsl.hstntx.swbell.net
Tue Jan 31 20:25:07 CET 2006

Hi,
Casper Hornstrup wrote:
> I'd like to put this amendment to the IP policy to a vote, but first let's
> start with the 7 day discussion period.
>
> "If an API or a particular behaviour of an API which is part of the
> Windows(R) operating system is not publicly documented by Microsoft, then
> the API or the particular behaviour of the API may only be implemented in
> ReactOS if there is documentation of published software which depend on the
> API or the particular behaviour of the API, and which is not only
> distributed with the Windows(R) operating system. The documentation must be
> available in the repository."

Some stuff is made up or guessed at.

> I argue that the more ReactOS differ from Windows, the harder it will be to
> prove that ReactOS is a derivative work of Windows.

It is different, just some functions are compatible. That include structures too.
Let us not get confused about this. We need application to run on this. Drivers to
install, etc. If anyone want something other than this go to syllable.org.

So far this is issue DOA.

Thanks,
James