[ros-dev] Undocumented APIs

Thomas Weidenmueller w3seek at reactos.com
Tue Jan 31 12:19:30 CET 2006

Casper Hornstrup wrote:
> Wine has a similar policy, but in general we should try to fix issues
> upstream. If we can't do that, then so be it. Forking source code isn't
> usually worth it.

The problem I see is that wine has a lot less undocumented stuff by
definition. They don't need to implement the lower levels that we do
need. Unfortunately those lower levels are much less thoroughly
documented, but IMO we should at least get the publicly known interfaces
right. I'm not talking about internal things.

- Thomas