[ros-dev] Bye bye

TwoTailedFox twotailedfox at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 19:02:03 CET 2006

I agree with what's been said by Alex, and Brian. Hartmut, all this
little spat has done has been to shove yet -more- negativity on the
project. When a problem like this occurs, you don't turn tail and just
run off, expecting it to be solved in your absence. Instead, you stick
around, and improve things for the better. In fact, I'd liken your
outburst to a tantrum, and I personally think it has done the project
more harm than good, especially considering this ML is public.

Fact is, ReactOS aims to duplicate the functionality of Windows. In
doing so, I believe it is expected that a certain amount of things
cannot be done a different way than to how Microsoft has implemented
them. Open up Linux, and I'm sure you'll see LOTS of pieces of code
that strikingly resemble UNIX.

On 1/19/06, Brian <briandabrain at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have steped in on other matters where a project developer ( was Alex also
> ) was attacked. Seeing that these "growing pains" of the project seem to be
> re-occuring ( and in diferent areas of the project ). I realize I am an
> outsider of the project, but none the less, i feel that an important problem
> is starting to rear its little ugly head: there aren't any non-developer
> types there to help deal with sticking to policy ( because from what i can
> see, the developers are to envolved with code to handle policy) and I think
> that in order to prevent further contamination of the code, there needs to
> be a single (or group) individual responsable for collecting information on
> how MS handles things.
>

> In this matter, I have to say that I agree with WD and think Alex's actions
> were ok. He showed that if required to re-write his code, he would at least
> have enough of an understanding to write something that worked. I feel that
> Hartmut's actions are hostile, and questionable, though I do agree that the
> binary code doesn't lie, and a major portion of React OS binary is similar
> to MS'es, but in duplicating functionality, this should be expected...
>
> brian

"I had a handle on life, but then it broke"