[ros-dev] Patent on FAT

Wesley Parish wes.parish at paradise.net.nz
Thu Jan 12 10:01:55 CET 2006

The joke is that LFN as developed and used in MS Win9x and so on, was already
a part of WordPerfect 5.1 - and WordPerfect is the favourite word processor
of Legal Offices.  And WordPerfect 5.1 was in public use at least five years
before Microsoft brought out their (in)famous MS Win95 - "You make a grown
man cry!"

If the worst comes to the worst, there's plenty of room on this jugular to go
for.

Wesley Parish

On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 00:18, Murphy, Ged (Bolton) wrote:
> I'm reading reports of a US patent on FAT.
> What's going on and how will this effect us?
>
> The US patent rules are seriously out of control :(
>
> Ged

> The information contained in this message or any of its
> attachments is confidential and is intended for the exclusive
> use of the addressee. The information may also be legally
> privileged. The views expressed may not be company policy,
> but the personal views of the originator. If you are not the
> addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, distribution or other
> dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
> postmaster at exideuk.co.uk
> <mailto:postmaster at exideuk.co.uk> and then delete this message.
>
> Exide Technologies is an industrial and transportation battery
> producer and recycler with operations in 89 countries.
> Further information can be found at www.exide.com

-----
Mau e ki, he aha te mea nui?