[ros-dev] What Happened

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Thu Feb 9 01:26:33 CET 2006

Don't get me wrong, reactos is a great programming idea. The way some
people do things is not necessarily what the community would want. As
a long term web developer I had an interest in VFS implementation of
NTFS over FAT or other filesystem. Creating a private mailing list
not available to the community restricts information from getting to
developers that want to continue to develop reactos, whether they
commit or not. Everyone has the right to develop what they think
ReactOS needs. Personally I think ReactOS needs stable Networking, a
more stable and secure filesystem, and service implementation. I also
think that building a universal install disk would be great --
install on PowerPC, intel, arm, all on one cd would be great. I am
not willing to give up on programming projects so I will continue
developing code, but when the audit is complete I just hope 99% of
the community is there to back ReactOS up...