[ros-dev] Starcraft Setup BSODs due to KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Magnus Olsen magnus at itkonsult-olsen.com
Wed Sep 21 22:32:07 CEST 2005

Bad idea to use GDI as render for directdraw.
DirectDraw is base on there part HAL, HEL and a interface that bind these
two toghter.
HEL is software emulation of DirectDraw hardware acclation api and it need
be implement in
ddraw.dll. No work have been made on HEL part in our ddraw. DrFred and me we
are working
when we got time on HAL. We want HAL working in first place. And be care
full with MS documation
how the internal part is working in DirectDraw, alot part in ms msdn are
wrong how directdraw is working
and some GDIEntry are only a warper.  Most GDIEntry are not simple warper as
msdn say, they are doing some
real dirty work. then it do a syscall to win32k or not, it deepns what it
need todo.  And do not take parts form wine
there arch are bit diffent what we need.

BestRegards
Magnus Olsen
(GreatLord)
greatlord at reactos.com