[ros-dev] Universal Kernel?

Rick Langschultz rlangschultz at cox.net
Mon Sep 12 05:42:47 CEST 2005

Hey everyone,

I have a feature suggestion for version 1.0 or later... I think it
would be called the universal kernel. The kernel could be compiled
and made to run on various architectures: ia_32, ia_64, PPC, XBOX,
PPC64, etc. The computer would translate natively compiled files from
other systems into ia_32 or ia_64 code. I know that Windows XP (64
bit) uses WoW which allows 32 bit programs to access 64bit memory or
something like that. This way reactos could be installed on a variety
of systems with one installation disc instead of a flavor of that
disc. Just a suggestion for the future...
Rick Langschultz
rlangschultz at cox.net (Home)
rlangschultz at ellemaespa.com (Work)
rlangschultz at email.uophx.edu (School)