[ros-dev] Cash for Trademark - reallocate Donation to huricane efforts?

Alex Ionescu ionucu at videotron.ca
Fri Sep 2 16:58:34 CEST 2005

I care very much for what is going on, and I will donate myself later on
(I find that charities totally mess up/corrupt donations, especially
near the beginning....what did all those 9/11 billion dollars go to? 80%
probably for "Administrative purposes"), but with all due respect, this
is a choice that people must do on their own. I (and the other people)
donated that money for furthering the *ReactOS cause*, not for helping
the hurricane victims. You would be cheating those people in a way, and
maybe even wasting money. Consider these cases:

1) Foo donated 50$ to ReactOS, and will now donate 250$ to relief funds.
(ie: my case). You will now take Foo's ReactOS money and give it to the
relief fund behind his back, even though he already donated and wanted
these 50$ for ReactOS.
2) Foo lives in Bar, and really really doesn't care about the US or
whatever its going through. Heck, nobody donated when Bar had the great
2140 earthquake! Foo gave 100$ to ReactOS, and would be really pissed to
see it go to those "evil americans".
3) Foo doesn't like to donate unless he knows where the money goes. Foo
was happy that ReactOS was totally direct about where his specific
donation would go to, so he made a leap of trust. Foo now finds out that
we are diverting the money for something else (maybe Foo would even mind
if the money were diverted to pay for a new server, even more so towards
a totally different cause).

Best regards,
Alex Ionescu