Latest Arwinss ISO's

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

ArmyMan007

Re: Latest Arwinss ISO's

Post by ArmyMan007 »

igorko wrote:
ArmyMan007 wrote:The crash occurred when I've used the latest ARWINSS build on VBox.
Non very usefull info. WHEN did it crash? What stage of setup, what it was doing etc. Please be more concrete.
If you'd read my earlier posts, you would noticed that it crashed while booting into the OS, AFTER the installation. I've never gotten to the point where I actually use the OS, since I always receive the crash notification.
ReactOS - Open Your Windows to Freedom
igorko

Post by igorko »

Hm... So 3rd stage... It would be good to get debug log... But let's wait until memory leak is fixed.
Black_Fox

Post by Black_Fox »

There are some tutorials on wiki as to how to get debug output:
http://reactos.org/wiki/VirtualBox#Getting_debug_output (on Windows, you can use tutorial in my signature as well)
http://reactos.org/wiki/Debugging#Gener ... _backtrace
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

Alternative name and logo suggestions already have a thread at http://www.reactos.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9093.
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
pajuelo

Post by pajuelo »

The latest iso crashes at 2stage startup with a BSOD on VBox 4.1.8

Regards.
fireball
Developer

Post by fireball »

I uploaded a new ISO today, which features a fix for the massive memory leak, and also has all trunk updates up to r55266.

Link here, enjoy:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos ... z/download
Aleksey Bragin,
ReactOS Project Lead
gonzoMD

Post by gonzoMD »

fireball wrote:I uploaded a new ISO today, which features a fix for the massive memory leak, and also has all trunk updates up to r55266.

Link here, enjoy:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos ... z/download
did you compile it from your working copy, cuz I didn't see any sync commits in the branch, just one commit for the memory leak?

EDIT: BSOD in 2nd Stage Setup with QEMU
Saibamen

Post by Saibamen »

gonzoMD wrote:EDIT: BSOD in 2nd Stage Setup with QEMU
Confirmed:
Entered degugger on embedded INT3 at 0x0008:8090704e.
ReactOS Forum Global Moderator
IT-Maniak.pl administrator
vicmarcal
Test Team

Post by vicmarcal »

Hmmm..maybe MSHTML bug streaking in a different way?
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

Bochs 2.5.1 doesn't like it, either. At the beginning of the 2nd stage, it says "Installing devices" for about a minute, and then BSODs with the following message:

*** STOP: 0x0000001E (0x80000003, 0x8090704E, 0xFB1B8868, 0x00000000)

*** NTOSKRNL.EXE - Address 8090704E base at 80800000, DateStamp 4f232685
Today entirely the maniac there is no excuse with the article. Get free BeOS, DOS, OS/2, and Windows games at RGB Classic Games.
fireball
Developer

Post by fireball »

Finally, after many months of silence, Arwinss makes a (hopefully) glorious return.

I have now adapted it for building in trunk as a pluggable module, there are all necessary patches and source code for that in the branches/arwinss.

If you want to build Arwinss yourself:
1. You need a fresh trunk checkout
2. Apply branches/arwinss/trunk.diff to it
3. Copy checked out directory branches/arwinss/arwinss into trunk/arwinss.
4. Build as usual (issue the usual configure.cmd, and make host-tools and reactos directories).
Resulting bootcd.iso will be the reactos-arwinss ISO.

Anyway, please use only ISOs I publish on SourceForge for bugreporting. You need to build your own ISO only in case you want to do some source code hacking!

The newest ISO has just been published: http://sourceforge.net/projects/reactos ... z/download
It features:
1. Newest trunk with all the improvements (and regressions).
2. Consistent versioning. Previously, I used to override verison number for USER32 module from 5.2 to 6.0 to get it compile. However, this was a wrong practice, and as rest of the modules compiles with version set 5.2, some structures ended up to have different size and fields. That resulted in various weird bugs like crashes when opening up Explorer, or drawing problems in 2nd stage. Now that's fixed.

As for bug reporting, there is a standalone project in ReactOS JIRA - http://jira.reactos.org/browse/ARWINSS. Submit Arwinss specific bugs there.
Aleksey Bragin,
ReactOS Project Lead
unxed

Post by unxed »

Although overall system stability and speed are seriously improved in this release (thanks to trunk sync I guess), there are still some problems. I've retested my open bugs in JIRA and all of them are still present :( Unfortunately, there are some new bugs: some apps fail to install/run and there are some graphics glitches. See JIRA for details. Unfortunately I have no time to collect logs for all problems I found right now, but here is a brief list of running/failing apps.

Tested working apps:
Far 1.65 (w/minor bug)
7zip file manager (w/minor bug)
Winamp 2.95 (w/minor bugs)
MS Excel 97 portable
Opera 10.10
Firefox 3.6.12
Faststone 4.2

Apps that fail to start:
Photoshop 7.0 ("module not found" error message)
Abiword 2.8.2 (error message)
utorrent 1.8 ("utorrent has crashed" error message)
MS Word 97 portable ("???????????" error message)
VLC 1.1.5 (silently dies)

Apps that fail to install:
Artweaver ("out of memory")
windows media format runtime bundled with winamp 2.95 ("error registering OCX" or bsod)
LibreOffice 3.4.3 (unpacks itself, installs vc runtime and hangs on the 1st setup screen)
MPC Homecinema 1.4.2499 ("out of memory")
ffdshow tryouts rev3631 ("out of memory")

BTW, what wine version this release is based on?

BTW#2, Abiword's vc runtime still extracts itself to c:\, not %TEMP%, and does not clean temporary files after install.
Last edited by unxed on Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Haos
Test Team

Post by Haos »

OllyDBG is unusable - windows are all black.
DOSGuy

Post by DOSGuy »

Using VirtualBox 4.2, the Wine Gecko download stops at 99%, but installation can be made to continue if I close the dialog window. Once installation is complete, any software list in RAPPS stops at 99%, making it impossible to install any software, or to install a browser to get software without RAPPS. That was a short test!
fireball
Developer

Post by fireball »

DOSGuy wrote:Using VirtualBox 4.2, the Wine Gecko download stops at 99%, but installation can be made to continue if I close the dialog window. Once installation is complete, any software list in RAPPS stops at 99%, making it impossible to install any software, or to install a browser to get software without RAPPS. That was a short test!
Do those two work in trunk of the same revision in your environment?
Aleksey Bragin,
ReactOS Project Lead