how to impliment apis ?

All development related issues welcome

Moderator: Moderator Team

DibyaXP

how to impliment apis ?

Post by DibyaXP »

I donot want to dig out ms codes but i want to add some apis to reactos . how can i do so?
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: how to impliment apis ?

Post by EmuandCo »

Well, which APIs? go to the dll you wanna modify and change the spec files / headers and source files accordingly?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
DibyaXP

Post by DibyaXP »

EmuandCo wrote:Well, which APIs? go to the dll you wanna modify and change the spec files / headers and source files accordingly?
That i can do . But Wine doesnot have all api i need to put some of my needed ones into ROS . Question is how can i get my needed code for a function not implemented by wine ?
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Two ways are fine.
#1 Someone already documented it for you and you can use that to write your own code (aka clean room reverse engineering)
#2 You have to find out what it does. Only way we support here is black boxing. This means you throw stuff in your API of question and check what it does with that suff. By that results you have to write your code.
Theres NO other way allowed in ROS.
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
DibyaXP

Post by DibyaXP »

EmuandCo wrote:Two ways are fine.
#1 Someone already documented it for you and you can use that to write your own code (aka clean room reverse engineering)
#2 You have to find out what it does. Only way we support here is black boxing. This means you throw stuff in your API of question and check what it does with that suff. By that results you have to write your code.
Okay Thanks . Once i did up with my XP comp ability issues . I am from One core Api team . Samuka and Syvet all my good friends . Anyway guys and gals i wish you people to help us . It can help both side . here is github link *removed*
DibyaXP

Post by DibyaXP »

DibyaXP wrote:
EmuandCo wrote:Two ways are fine.
Okay Thanks . Once i did up with my XP comp ability issues . I am from One core Api team . Samuka and Syvet all my good friends . Anyway guys and gals i wish you people to help us . It can help both side . here is github link *removed*
I wish to enhence ROS , because it is something like my XP . Fast and Lightweight .
middings

Post by middings »

Avoid embarrassment. A newcomer to any forum, mailing list, or chat room should look for the local rules before posting.

Code of Conduct: 4. No discussion of how to carry out illegal activities or advertisement thereof.

One-Core API is said to include code misappropriated from Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10. If so, then it is toxic to ReactOS and must not even be looked at by ReactOS Project participants. (Aieeee, my eyes!)

Code of Conduct: 6. Do not double/triple/etc post.

Use the Edit button to add to your earlier post, especially if your earlier post is still the last post in the thread.

Also, avoid quoting entire posts when responding to them.