File manager

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Hamguy

File manager

Post by Hamguy »

So is anyone ever going to fix the file manager? you have to refresh manually every single time you copy, paste or delete something to see any changes.
oldman

Re: File manager

Post by oldman »

Hamguy,
Do you realise how offensive your post is. Please edit it.
Please keep the Windows classic 9x/2000 look and feel.
The layman's guides - debugging - bug reporting - compiling - ISO remaster.
They may help you with a problem, so do have a look at them.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Hamguy,

I am afraid you don't seem to understand that ReactOS is in Alpha. Perhaps you ought to check what that means. All bugs will be fixed in ReactOS it is all a matter of when...

You can fix that bug yourself at any time. All you need is a good working brain, a lot of experience in C or C+, good bug-fixing ability, the time to do it and prioritising your own requirements so that it becomes important enough for you to do it yourself.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
karlexceed

Post by karlexceed »

Funny enough, on a fresh install of 0.4.8, I was able to create, copy, paste, and delete a file and the file explorer kept up, refreshing at the appropriate times. I didn't see your issue.
mrmajik45

Post by mrmajik45 »

Hamguy, we can't just make code appear from thin air. It takes time so calm, down.
ReactOS Donator ~ $5.00 | Linux Mint Donator ~ $1.00 in BTC
middings

Post by middings »

karlexceed wrote:Funny enough, on a fresh install of 0.4.8, I was able to create, copy, paste, and delete a file and the file explorer kept up, refreshing at the appropriate times. I didn't see your issue.
Hamguy failed to identify the version of ReactOS that Hamguy tried.
How to report a bug in an open-source-app. This answer is also good. (Both are links to Stack Overflow.)
#35 of the 99 Ways to Ruin an Open Source Project
Last edited by middings on Wed May 16, 2018 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
learn_more
Developer

Post by learn_more »

Hamguy wrote:So is anyone ever going to fix the file manager? you have to refresh manually every single time you copy, paste or delete something to see any changes.
Thanks for volunteering.
ThFabba
Developer

Post by ThFabba »

Folks, stop exploding over the poor guy. "Is anyone ever going to fix X" may not be the most sensitive way to phrase the question, and deserves some alpha-status/volunteer project reminders -- but it is a valid question, and is miles from other, actually offensive, ways to ask.

So back to topic please. If anyone would like to point to existing Jira tickets or commits, or provide guidance on how to find such things, please go ahead.
Hamguy

Post by Hamguy »

Wow has the community gone full retard? i asked a simple question not even offensive just stating a point and everyone explodes. Are you the same autistic retards from the linux community anytime someone asked to fix something you go full retard and it never gets fixed because you have your heads up your ass.

I'm not a coder, the same problem has been around since earlier versions of reactos all the way since alpha version .3 and possibly erler since that's the earliest i've used it and you would think it would be pretty simple issue to fix, for it to auto refresh.
learn_more wrote:
Hamguy wrote:So is anyone ever going to fix the file manager? you have to refresh manually every single time you copy, paste or delete something to see any changes.
Thanks for volunteering.
Wow i had no idea that everyone MUST volunteer to post in forums.
middings wrote:
karlexceed wrote:Funny enough, on a fresh install of 0.4.8, I was able to create, copy, paste, and delete a file and the file explorer kept up, refreshing at the appropriate times. I didn't see your issue.
Hamguy failed to identify the version of ReactOS that Hamguy tried.
How to report a bug in an open-source-app. This answer is also good. (Both are links to Stack Overflow.)
#35 of the 99 Ways to Ruin an Open Source Project
Every version of reactos has the problem, that's why i didn't state the verison.
"demand that your problem be fixed right now"
I wasn't demanding, Do you have reading comprehension problems?
If no one can ever ask for a problem to be fixed then the problem will NEVER be fixed. that's the problem with open source garbage.
You pop your head every time someone asks for a problem to be fixed rather than note that its a problem.
mrmajik45 wrote:Hamguy, we can't just make code appear from thin air. It takes time so calm, down.
"YOU" Need to calm down, I wasn't even angry.
dizt3mp3r wrote:Hamguy,

I am afraid you don't seem to understand that ReactOS is in Alpha. Perhaps you ought to check what that means. All bugs will be fixed in ReactOS it is all a matter of when...

You can fix that bug yourself at any time. All you need is a good working brain, a lot of experience in C or C+, good bug-fixing ability, the time to do it and prioritising your own requirements so that it becomes important enough for you to do it yourself.
Do you think im stupid or something to not understand what alpha means? i guess you do because you were too stupid to understand my simple post.
LOL JUST FIX IT YOURSELF! not everyone is a mechanic just as not everyone is a coder
oldman wrote:Hamguy,
Do you realise how offensive your post is. Please edit it.
Offensive? what kind of world are you living in where my post is offensive?!
cernodile

Post by cernodile »

Hamguy wrote:Wow has the community gone full retard? i asked a simple question not even offensive just stating a point and everyone explodes. Are you the same autistic retards from the linux community anytime someone asked to fix something you go full retard and it never gets fixed because you have your heads up your ass....
I agree some of the posts were a overkill, but well, generalizing the whole community isn't exactly great either. There is the silent majority as well who just follow what people post. I can see how your post would have been misinterpreted, so there's that.
My working rigs:
Dell Latitude E5430 on 0.4.9-vgal - i5-3340M, USB boot.
Partially working rigs:
Ryzen 7 3700X on B450 board - 0.4.14 boot via preinstall. USB broken.
[ external image ]
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Emuandco - time to wield your stick on this obviously crazy noob who doesn't know how to post, made clear from the beginning to end. Hamguy - your time will be very limited here as your use of language and your ability to communicate is equally limited.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
EmuandCo
Developer

Post by EmuandCo »

Hamguy warned (1 of 2), thread locked!
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...