"ReactOS [...] can even corrupt your soul."

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Carney3

"ReactOS [...] can even corrupt your soul."

Post by Carney3 »

At https://www.reactos.org/testing there is the following:
ReactOS is not perfect, it BSODs, and can even corrupt your soul.
I get this is supposed to be humor, but it's inappropriate, unnecessary, and counter-productive. A substantial portion of those affected by it one way or another will be affected negatively, either offended, or even they don't take the claim literally, seriously wondering if the values and motivations of the software authors are trustworthy and positive.

And before you fall over yourself to post responses showing off as being sophisticated, humor-appreciative, and scornful of those whom you deem to have less of those qualities than yourself, I ask if THAT is what the the goal of this project is. Obviously not, it's to welcome as many people as possible on board an open-source, free-as-in-freedom alternative and replacement for Windows. Anything that distracts from or impedes that should be jettisoned.
hbelusca
Developer

Re: "ReactOS [...] can even corrupt your soul."

Post by hbelusca »

Yes indeed correct, thanks for reporting. This looks like a wrongly-translated sentence.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

But now, even worse, it is the title of a forum post.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
Fraizeraust

Post by Fraizeraust »

"can even corrupt your soul" means, IMHO, that ReactOS is so unstable to the point that you can't do much on this OS considering it's an Alpha software. But you're right, it is quite an exaggeration and this needs to be changed in the foreseeable future.
a.k.a. GeoB99 -- ReactOS Kernel developer -- My Wiki page
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

Hmm...that's one piece of real hardware I've never attempted to install ROS on. Thanks for the warning. ;-)