BBC Iplayer compatible?

Here you can discuss ReactOS related topics.

Moderator: Moderator Team

Nickram

BBC Iplayer compatible?

Post by Nickram »

Hi, I've got an old laptop running linux at the moment and was considering trying ReactOS. The main thing I want to use it for is to use BBC Iplayer. The software to download the programs is only available for windows and Mac and I cant get it to work with wine. Would it work on ReactOS?
Thanks for any help
EmuandCo
Developer

Re: BBC Iplayer compatible?

Post by EmuandCo »

Depends on what it wants to do. Quite a few components from ReactOS are modified Wine dlls, so... maybe, maybe not?
ReactOS is still in alpha stage, meaning it is not feature-complete and is recommended only for evaluation and testing purposes.

If my post/reply offends or insults you, be sure that you know what sarcasm is...
Konata

Re: BBC Iplayer compatible?

Post by Konata »

General rule for software compatibility is "try it yourself!" ReactOS is free and there are numerous x86 emulators that are also free, like VirtualBox, so it only costs a moment of your time to try (especially since the ReactOS installation process takes less than a minute).
Although, I'm not familiar with the software you're talking about, but I'm assuming it plays audio? While audio technically works in ReactOS, it's still pretty incomplete at the current stage, so I wouldn't count on it too much.