I probably will create the human language level programming

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

Quantum_Robin

I probably will create the human language level programming

Post by Quantum_Robin »

Hi,

It is written in book Java How to Program ninth edition that instead of using the strings of numbers that computers could directly understand, programmers began using English-like abbreviations to represent elementary
operations:

1.5 Machine Languages, Assembly Languages and High-Level Languages

Programmers write instructions in various programming languages, some directly understandable by computers and others requiring intermediate translation steps. Hundreds of such languages are in use today. These may be divided into three general types:

Machine languages
Assembly languages
High-level languages

Any computer can directly understand only its own machine language, defined by its hardware design. Machine languages generally consist of strings of numbers (ultimately reduced to 1s and 0s) that instruct computers to perform their most elementary operations one at a time. Machine languages are machine dependent (a particular machine language can be used on only one type of computer). Such languages are cumbersome for humans. For example, here’s a section of an early machine-language program that adds overtime pay to base pay and stores the result in gross pay:

+1300042774
+1400593419
+1200274027

Programming in machine language was simply too slow and tedious for most programmers. Instead of using the strings of numbers that computers could directly understand, programmers began using English-like abbreviations to represent elementary
operations. These abbreviations formed the basis of assembly languages. Translator programs called assemblers were developed to convert early assembly-language programs to machine language at computer speeds. The following section of an assembly-language program also adds overtime pay to base pay and stores the result in gross pay:

load basepay
add overpay
store grosspay

Although such code is clearer to humans, it’s incomprehensible to computers until translated to machine language. Computer usage increased rapidly with the advent of assembly languages, but programmers still had to use many instructions to accomplish even the simplest tasks. To speed the programming process, high-level languages were developed in which single statements could be written to accomplish substantial tasks. Translator programs called compilers convert high-level language programs into machine language. High-level languages allow you to write instructions that look almost like everyday English and contain commonly used mathematical notations. A payroll program written in a high-level language might contain a single statement such as

grossPay = basePay + overTimePay

Instead of using the high-level languages, programmers will start using the more higher-level programming languages or human language level programming languages?

I probably will create the more higher-level programming, in other words, I probably will create the human language level programming ;)
Missingno50

Re: I probably will create the human language level programming

Post by Missingno50 »

Sorry buddy, but Cobol exists.
"We are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world."
Proud owner of one semi-modern ROS compatible computer. I hope to make an industry out of selling ROS compatibles the moment 0.5.0 releases.
shunesburg

Post by shunesburg »

Antispam and moderator too.
hbelusca
Developer

Post by hbelusca »

@Quantum_Robin : or use some quantum language FFS
Quantum_Robin

Post by Quantum_Robin »

hbelusca wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:08 pm @Quantum_Robin : or use some quantum language FFS
@hbelusca,

An intelligent compiler will ask for clarification whenever there’s an ambiguity and may suggest improved wordings to resolve the issue. Writing a program will end up being a conversation with an intelligent machine which anyone could handle even if they know nothing about programming - it will be a collaboration with an intelligent system which is in itself an expert programmer. The error messages will be comments and questions just like the ones you’d get if you were co-writing a program with a human programmer. (“When you say “print the result of that part”, do you mean this part [a section of the code is highlighted], and do you want it printed to the screen or the printer?”)

None of that will stop you putting in a line of C or any other programming language if you want to, but most of the work will simply be done in natural language, typically at a much higher level with the compiler working out how to carry out the tasks asked of it. The end user will also become a programmer, telling the machine how (s)he would prefer things to be done, and the machine will comply. That will rarely be done through anything other than natural language.

Programming languages will end up being increasingly high-level until they become identical to natural language. You will eventually be able to write all your programs in English, Portuguese, or any other natural language, although you will also be able to mix that with instructions of the kind used in today’s programming languages whenever you think that’s more efficient or clearer.
dizt3mp3r

Post by dizt3mp3r »

Oh yes, of course that will work.

Future code:

10 create game
20 rockets 'n stuff
30 make it really good

It probably won't need the line numbers but I can't see the future to tell.
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
PurpleGurl

Post by PurpleGurl »

I've joked about writing in Profanity.

As far as a programming language for human minds, about the closest I can find is NLP ("conversational hypnosis," etc). And yes, if we use that model, even the brain can get programming "viruses". That would include:
  1. PTSD: Nightmares, intrusive memories, flashbacks, fear/terror that are "installed" as a result of serious or notable trauma such as war, abuse, vehicle collisions, or playing an involuntary role in someone else's suicide. The latter can include officer-involved shootings or colliding with a suicidal person. For instance, a train engineer was going down the track when a person threw themselves out of a high-rise apartment complex and onto the railroad tracks. She was unable to avoid hitting him -- due to the nature of her vehicle.
  2. Stockholm Syndrome: Brainwashed by one's captor during kidnapping, such as victims robbing banks for their captors, getting intimate with their captor, etc.
  3. Codependency: Addiction to "helping" or being needed, and at some level, it is about controlling others. At worse, women with this will live with abusive spouses, thinking they can fix them.
Quantum_Robin

Post by Quantum_Robin »

PurpleGurl wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:51 pm I've joked about writing in Profanity.

As far as a programming language for human minds, about the closest I can find is NLP ("conversational hypnosis," etc). And yes, if we use that model, even the brain can get programming "viruses". That would include:
  1. PTSD: Nightmares, intrusive memories, flashbacks, fear/terror that are "installed" as a result of serious or notable trauma such as war, abuse, vehicle collisions, or playing an involuntary role in someone else's suicide. The latter can include officer-involved shootings or colliding with a suicidal person. For instance, a train engineer was going down the track when a person threw themselves out of a high-rise apartment complex and onto the railroad tracks. She was unable to avoid hitting him -- due to the nature of her vehicle.
  2. Stockholm Syndrome: Brainwashed by one's captor during kidnapping, such as victims robbing banks for their captors, getting intimate with their captor, etc.
  3. Codependency: Addiction to "helping" or being needed, and at some level, it is about controlling others. At worse, women with this will live with abusive spouses, thinking they can fix them.
@PurpleGurl,

Where natural language is ambiguous, the machine can simply ask for clarification to make sure it has understood the instruction the right way, and if it hasn’t, it can help the programmer improve the wording of the instruction.

Please, see the Plain English Programming site so that you can see a language that looks close to natural language. That would let you see that using normal language would be a practical way to write code.