Reinstalled Windows 10 on Intel PC on a stick

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, drop it in here. (not to be used as a chat/nonsense section)

Moderator: Moderator Team

nickp71

Reinstalled Windows 10 on Intel PC on a stick

Post by nickp71 »

Hi There,

Could someone please help me with my issue whereby, I have today reinstalled windows 10 home on my Intel PC on a stick model STK1AW32SC as I was having issues with the device crashing and s I had noticed some very strange behaviour going on with the OS with things like:

SYSTEMINFO displaying it was running in Hybrid mode
Hyper V not being available as the device believes it already is a VM
Directories appearing out of nowhere
Timestamp of altered files were done when the device was supposedly powered down
and amongst other strange behaviour like the mouse moving by itself, services that were disabled becoming enabled again etc the main cause for me to investigate this was my belief that I was being hacked on not just this device but a few of my home devices including SMART TV's etc.

What brings me to ReactOS is I ran tweaking.com Hardware Identify immediately fter running the reinstall today and there is a component that does not have a driver installed (it does not come up in the normal device manager) and the only thing I could do was search for the hardware ID 'HTREE\ROOT\0' which brought me to React OS. Could someone please help me with this and let me know why in the world would I have the ReactOS installed when I've never even heard of it before and its also running on a Intel Built device!!! I bought this brandnew and have not used it very much but needed to this weekend as my SurFACE pRO 4 is now showing similar behaviour....... would someone have hacked my devices? I'm desperate for answers as this has been going on for many many months..
dizt3mp3r

Re: Reinstalled Windows 10 on Intel PC on a stick

Post by dizt3mp3r »

You are not running ReactOS
Skillset: VMS,DOS,Windows Sysadmin from 1985, fault-tolerance, VaxCluster, Alpha,Sparc. DCL,QB,VBDOS- VB6,.NET, PHP,NODE.JS, Graphic Design, Project Manager, CMS, Quad Electronics. classic cars & m'bikes. Artist in water & oils. Historian.
hbelusca
Developer

Re: Reinstalled Windows 10 on Intel PC on a stick

Post by hbelusca »

'HTREE\ROOT\0' is the hardware enumeration root for Plug-and-Play devices (as explained somewhere in https://www.microsoftpressstore.com/art ... 9&seqNum=6 , for example); this has nothing to do with ReactOS in particular.