Mid-term evaluations opened up yesterday, and naturally I've been super-busy this week, making sure I've earned my keep! ;)
TO LEARN HOW TO SWIM, YOU NEED TO GET INTO THE WATER.
At the start of the week I was debugging the system crash on ROS's usbhub unload in Win2k3. I spent a lot of time asking questions and discussing topics related to WDM with my mentor Thfabba. He kind of kickstarted me, giving small tasks and then analyzing with me the results. During that sessions I have gathered many new tips related debugging and also started feeling much more confidently working with WDM.
This week, I started off chasing down how to handle TDI sending a new IRQ to create a connection context immediately after a connection has been accepted on the server end. At first, I thought it was for socket multiplexing. As I talked more with Art and looked more into the lwIP source code, I realized that this is an attempt by TDI to support backlogging. As such, this was not something I had to actively handle since lwIP has full backlogging support.
I'll put my vision toward the version 1.0 of driver first. If we come to the uni_ata which is actually right now supporting React OS with SATA AHCI driver. uni_ata is actually operating SATA device in legacy mode of operation and with no support of NCQ. Although NCQ is not really necessary for now, because I think we are right now targeting to have hardware support as much as we can (this is as per my understanding).
This week I haven’t spent much time on project, I was passing yearly final exams in my university.