Overwriting Files Continues
This week has been pretty uneventful. I wrote a function to shrink the allocation size of an attribute and another to migrate a resident attribute to non-resident. The former seems to be working, the latter still needs some work.
This past week started with me mindlessly chasing down memory bugs after having gotten WinDBG up and running. A particularly annoying bug involved an lwIP protocol control block being dereferenced by lwIP after it had been freed. I could not find a place in my drivere where I tried to use a dead PCB pointer, so I looked deeper. I did some stepping through of code, and read more of lwIP's source code.
Assigning Clusters Part 2
I can't believe week seven has already passed! Adding assigned clusters to data runs turned out to be more challenging than I anticipated, but I made steady progress on it throughout the week and have it working now (as far as I can tell). Fixing the problems with LargeMcb.c in week 1 came full-circle, as I relied on a map control block to simplify my task considerably.